B.C. Use #?

Started by dgdrls, September 06, 2022, 06:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

The old singer sewing machine needed a cleaning and tune. 
B.C. was my first thought, 

Smooth as silk now

Jeff

Nothing better!

Bluecreeper can kill! Ive had some mice move in, and they keep getting the bait off the trap without setting it off. I put a drop of bluecreeper on the trap catch last night, and within moments I got the first one, and got another a few minutes later.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Agree with dgdrls, and have cleaned up several Singer Featherweight 221's with the help of BlueCreeper.

Will keep the trap treatment in mind too. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Did you use the SMO kind?  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Yup, it was SMO when I used it.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

beenthere

we have a lot of vintage sewing machine customers who will clean with Bluecreeper penetrant and then lubricate with the Bluecreeper SMO.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Don P

I was taking the wheel off the mower a few weeks ago. Jacked up on blocks, I was swinging the BFH and Michelle was turning and I was getting hot and bothered but could not move it on the axle. There really needs to be a bluecreeper alarm in that moment, cause "neanderthal with hammer" was about to rear his head. It finally dawned on me I was looking in the barn and on the shelf 20' in front of me was a bottle. A few drops of bluecreeper and I really should have lightened up... I got "The Look" as it flew off the axle :D.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Don P on September 09, 2022, 04:14:55 PM
  There really needs to be a bluecreeper alarm in that moment,
I love this idea!  I just have to find an evil genius to come up with one. ;D

Okrafarmer

I wouldn't be surprised if BC SMO works well on pocket knife joints. I use gun oil on my Swiss Army Knives and others, but the SMO would probably be great for that too.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

beenthere

Absolutely does work well on such joints, as well as gun actions, sewing machine workings, hair cutters, small motors, small screws in carburetors, and the list goes on Ad infinitum.
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Yes, I've use it on my Swiss army knife and everything became much easier to open. :)

Takes the squeak out of indoor hinges to. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

I have about a 1/2 dozen 6" desktop fans spread around the house we use for moving woodstove heat. They run from October to April non-stop and I used to get a year or two out of them before they would seize up and burn out from the dust and such. Since I started using BC, I open them up once a year, put a couple of drops on the front and rear bronze bearings and they free right up. I just follow that with a drop or two of oil and clean the blades, and am good for the year.
I used to replace about 2-3 a year, but we haven't bought a new one in about 5 years now. The only trick is to find these fans that you can open up and work on. If they are glued shut, then I have to butcher them to get them open and throw them out if I can't get them back together properly.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 22, 2024, 06:04:59 AMI have about a 1/2 dozen 6" desktop fans spread around the house we use for moving woodstove heat. They run from October to April non-stop and I used to get a year or two out of them before they would seize up and burn out from the dust and such. Since I started using BC, I open them up once a year, put a couple of drops on the front and rear bronze bearings and they free right up. I just follow that with a drop or two of oil and clean the blades, and am good for the year.
 I used to replace about 2-3 a year, but we haven't bought a new one in about 5 years now. The only trick is to find these fans that you can open up and work on. If they are glued shut, then I have to butcher them to get them open and throw them out if I can't get them back together properly.
What a great example of Bluecreeper saving the day!

Old Greenhorn

Well, here's another. I am working on restoring some old sewing machine table legs and making tables out of them with new tops. One pair of legs had some screws that would not come out after being set in there for a hundred years or so. A few drop on each screw and 10 minutes later out they came saving me drilling them out, which I hate to do on very old castings.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

gspren

Just one of the great things about the SMO is the bottle with its flex nozzle. Our house has a walkout basement and there's a bathroom in there that I'm allowed to use without removing my boots. Last week when I needed to get in there the key was hard to get in the lock, hard to turn, and even hard to remove. I know the wind blows rain on that door. I got the SMO bottle and put a small squirt in the lock and then put a drop on the key and now it's back to quick and easy. Did I mention that sometimes I'm in a hurry to get that door open  :wacky: :uhoh: .
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: gspren on March 09, 2024, 09:09:26 AM....... Did I mention that sometimes I'm in a hurry to get that door open  :wacky: :uhoh: .
You are a better man than me. If it were me, I would tape that latch open and change the hinges to the swinging door type. ffcheesy Having a bathroom with outside access is pretty sweet, I just have a tree. :wink_2: (And I don't lock it.)

beenthere

That "entry" door just needs a storm door on it so the rain cannot get to the lock.  :wink_2: :wink_2:

But I also think that is but another great use for the BC. 
south central Wisconsin

Ron Scott

Yes, BC works great on freeing up farm gate locks that have been out in the weather unopened for some time. That also includes the weathered pickup tailgate and topper door locks.
~Ron