iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckslayer1187

Norwood lm29 new to me and waiting for Norwood to approve my account so I can order what I need to get it sawing

mcguire

Currently rebuilding an M14 from the ground up to setup for the boys and I to learn on. Parts are impossible to find, thankfully I own a lathe and have a fab shop....

Grass Farmer

I purchased a Turner Mills 36" Hydraulic about 2 years ago.  Just starting to really get into milling for myself.  I started off by doing some jobs at a friends farm, but finally the mill has made it home.  

Purnell Jows

Operating a Frick size 0 Serial Number 11426, Powered by a John Deere W111 power unit.  This mill has been in my family for just over 50 years and still putting out quality lumber.
Also, have a Geiser in the my shop in the process of restoration,  Don't have any information on this mill other than it is a Geiser.

trimguy

homemade bandsaw mill, homemade log arch

Flyingpig

I Bought a Coutts sawmill this spring. It’s going to be a big rebuild project. Lots of work to be done.

Have the other mill nearly completely built now. The roof is in and tinned, the Detroit is fitted and nearly ready to run. I’ve been running it since June off a PTO.

The Coutts features a sawdust conveyor, top saw, heavy (for a softwood mill) carriage with cant kick off, chain turner, 6” Coutts gangsaw, A hydraulic infeed and an outfeed conveyor. It’s built as a portable, everything fold up to legal widths and lengths.

The other mill is custom built, has a 50ft outfeed conveyor with two Arkansas sorters, a bar turner, and a hydraulic Coutts carriage. I’m running a 4-71 for power on it.

twobears

I have to ask..what's a arkansas sorter ???... pic's?

goodwrench

Hudson Oscar 328  24 ft. track

H. Wrench  the original goodwrench

20 years as computer technician, 20 years as building code enforcement officer, Vietnam vet aug 1968-aug 1969, thankful everyday.

Steam Bill

1920's  Enterprise circle sawmill

handhewn

60" circular saw: Hyd. carriage and feed. Best Hyd. log turner I've ever seen. Hyd. out feed rollers. Sawdust blower. 671 GM diesel. Large capacity live deck (Hyd.) 3 blade edger. 24' max cut. It's mobile, folds up nicely. Hyd. steering on duel rear axles which helps as it's approx 50' long. Tank/water set up for cooling water to center of saw blade at mandril. Many  (old) trucks and various (old) CAT D6s and D8s. Pictures when I finish setting it back up.

nwclassen

Maho Supermill with hydraulic log dogs. 
IF you don't have it in your head, you better have it in your feet!

BowFish

Frontier OS27
Husky 395xp with 48" chainsaw mill

Hillbilly310

Woodmizer Lt15 for some fine cutting. I also have a old friction feed carriage circular sawmill in restoration mode that I have yet been able to identify the brand. 
Sawmillin, chainsawin,firewoodin, pickin splinters. Nothing beats a buildin with your own product

fluidpowerpro

Hudson Oscar 18 and I just purchased a Hudson HFE36 that I put on my own self built trailer that has Hydraulic dogs, backstops, loader and log turners.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

outdoorslife

loaning a friends HF mill.  Fixed and lubed all the screws, putting in double ball valves for lubrication drip, idler for wider cutting.  OH maybe he should have bought something a tad more expensive.  Yeah.
Well at the original $1500 it really was a bargain overall.
I got a bunch of used angle iron and am making more track too.
Have a home garage TF project to make.  Just dropped 6 24" x 24' oak logs from trees on the property.
Going to be a fun year doing something new and different! 

Johnsond

Trakmet TTP 600 mobile with a wide head and a Stihl 880 60" Alaskan set up. 

rusticretreater

Ye olde Woodland Mills HM130Max.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

bigblockyeti

Wood-Mizer LX55 w/14hp and 1 bed extension.  I was pleasantly surprised to find at up to 2" thick it will cut a full 24" wide vs. the advertised 22" wide.  The guides are touching or nearly on both sides at this width so it better be pretty straight or it's quickly a PITA to deal with.

KJB

Frontier OS23, support equipment two arm on a cant hook, husqvarna 450, double bit axe.

thecfarm

KJB, welcome to the forum.
I like to ask, what's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

oldgraysawyer

Fair warning...get the tissues ready for a sad story. When I was about 8 years old maybe 9 my dad and granddad went into business together and bought a dozer, 2 log trucks, dump truck, tractor, numerous chainsaws, all the necessary hand tools for logging and a circular mill with a 6' blade, 3' cut-off saw and edger for boards up to 24" wide and 6" thick. So I grew up logging and working on the mill. As time went on and all the boys got other jobs and granddad to feeble to do much and dad was working a job and the mill work became a side hustle for extra $$ when one of us wanted to put in some effort or needed some lumber for a project. When I was around 32 I took a job that put me over the road and worked it a couple years and decided it was enough. When I came back the mill and all the equipment was gone. I was heart broken. I questioned my  dad and he said my brother and cousin kept coming to the mill drunk and running the mill and he was afraid one or both would fall into the blade while it was running so he gave the mill away. I said dad why didn't you tell me, I could've came back and put a stop to it even if I had to adjust the valves or something so the motor wouldn't run. They would have given up and left it alone because neither one can mechanic. He said "I never thought of it or I would have. I was just so worried about the boys." Gotta love him for it though because the mill or money wasn't even in his thought process The only good part is they both gave up the sauce but the mill is gone. Thankfully I have been able to collect a few pieces of equipment over the years before my own health went down hill but enough to keep me busy without too much strain-n-pain. You never know what time will unfold throughout our lifetime but all we can do about it is to accept and and move forward. Thanks everybody for letting me vent a little.
DB in WV

Thank You Sponsors!