iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanksgiving Dinner-Reverse Engineered (Photos)

Started by Jeff, November 27, 2008, 02:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, I've ate and I'm stuffed. I only ate one Grouse, I'll save the other for Tammy who will get here late tonight.  The only thing I didn't make do to begin with to make a feast was a bowl of cool whip that Lou picked up for me earlier in the week when he went to town. :)

Grouse breast wrapped in Bacon, placed on a bed of dressing, then completely covered with dressing then covered with bacon. Cooked with Red Potatoes. Dessert was "Pumpkin Sumpthin" :)

Time ta go hunting!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

I just gotta ask, who won the wishbone tug of war?
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

Paschale

Looks mighty tasty!  What's grouse taste like?  I've never eaten it before.   ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Grouse is real good when cooked right. It's a lot leaner than chicken, no fat to speak of. That's why Jeff smothered it in Bacon. ;D

Me, I like it cut up, dipped in egg and coated with a mix of Ritz cracker and parmesan cheese and then fried in butter. Nice and juicy.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

All right I've had it! No more of these tasty looking meals hogged all to yourself.  :D

When I retire I'm buying land next door. ;D

Jeff

Cool!

A neighbor with a large stove and big pots! 

Jeff

My improvised scrounge in the Refrigerator at the cabin Thanks Giving Dinner turned out OVER THE TOP! I'll remember how I did this one for the future.

I Started with a great big boneless skinless whole Chicken Breast I found in the Freezer I got at Steve's in Harrison. Anybody that shops there knows there are H U G E. I then thawed out a loaf of wheat bread to go with the half loaf I had. Last night I tore them into peices and put them back in a bread bag. That filled the bag. I also had about a half Lb of crumbled breakfast sausage I had cooked up to put on scrambled eggs the day before.

I made the stuffing by mixing and warming one can of chicken broth, one can of water, and the sausage in a sauce ban. I seasoned this with about a heaping tablespoon of ground sage, a half teaspoon of pepper. No salt. There is enough in the sausage and broth.

I mixed the bread and the sauce pan ingredients along with a large chopped onion is a big bowl. It is quite soggy.

Once this was done, I lubed the bottom of a dutch oven with a little olive oil, then put some of the stuffing mixture in the bottom, about a half inch to an inch deep I would suppose. On top of that, I spread out that giant chicken breast. Between the two halves, it completely covered the bottom of the dutch oven. On top of this I heaped in the rest of the stuffing mixture.

I baked this covered in foil, at around 350 for two and a half hours. I then removed the cover and baked another half hour to give the top an awesome crust.

I had no idea how this was going to turn out, but its a winner. It kinda made its own gravy. The chicken breast was as moist as I think you could get it. I added some greenbeans and mushroom soup as my side dish, and I chowed! I'm now full, have enough left overs for myself and what ever army might show up here, and I'm READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

I forgot, When it was out,  I took a long knife and just cut it into sections from the top. You can serve it with a big serving spoon. Man, I might have to go get some more.  I also made my dessert last night. All of my pies are going to look and taste exactly like chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies.  I didn't have vanilla so I used Maple syrup. ;D

sawguy21

DanG, now I am hungry and just finished a late breakfast. ;D That does look good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Not much of anything any better than Roughed Grouse, and to top it all off with "No-Bakes"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

The grouse was a few years ago. This year was chicken.

Thank You Sponsors!