iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for used portable sawmill

Started by plourigan, May 14, 2009, 06:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plourigan

I'm interested in purchasing a used portable sawmill. Does anyone know of any available in the Southeastern United States? I'll be using it around the farm to cut lumber for myself and family, so I don't think I need anyting to big; however I don't want to sink money into something that won't last or do the job. I've seen 2-post, 4-post and cantilever style cutting heads and am leaning toward a unit with a 4-post head that will handle timber in the 30in range. Any help would be appreciated.

LeeB

Try posting on the wanted board and look in the for sale board, both in the commerce section.

Welcome to the forum.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

plourigan

Thanks LeeB. I'm new to the forum and am still trying to find my way around.

old joe

One of the best things in life is to take the time to learn.  This forum is a great source.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Banjo picker

A whole hearted welcome, but my mills not for sale. :D ;D ;).   But there  are some that are.  Where bouts in the SE are you ?  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

plourigan

I'm in South Carolina. Found this forum when looking online for sawmills. Seems like most folks hang onto their mills. Guess that's a good sign. :D

Warren

If you don't see what you're looking for in the "For Sale" section, try the sponsors on the left:

Woodmizer.com

Baker-online.com

CarolinaMachinerySales.com

They all hae used machines for sale in addition to new machines.

Warren

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

plourigan

Thanks Warren, I'll check them out.

Thank You Sponsors!