iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pan Fried Corn

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, October 01, 2009, 06:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been making this latley, It's simple and comes out real tasty. When we harvest our sweet corn we blanch it, cut it off the cob and freeze it in quart bags. I'm sure you could use canned corn for this but I never have.

Cut up some onion and peppers, fry in a pan with butter or margarine.
When the onions are done drop in the corn and stirr around until nice and hot.
Salt and pepper to taste. Mmmm good.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

Simple yet delish! 8)
Chunk in a couple garlic cloves too.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

oooo yea, Why didn't I think of that!

I like it
Jon

Raider Bill

We use that recipe when on road trips and camping.  It's good chewing!

LeeB

Been doing it for years. Great use for corn still on te cob that has gotten a little dry. Learned how to make it from the housekeeper when I was a teenager living in Ecuador. Try it on your salad too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

That's the way my grandma did it..... digin1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

semologger

Quote from: LeeB on October 02, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
Learned how to make it from the housekeeper when I was a teenager living in Ecuador.

LeeB are you originaly from Ecuador?

I am going to have to try this soon sounds good.

Weekend_Sawyer

I had some red bell pepper leftover so I cut it up and put it in Mmmman even better!

Jon

LeeB

LeeB are you originaly from Ecuador?

No, just lived there when I was a kid. My dad was oilfield and in those days you took your family with you to where ever you worked. We lived in many places around the world. I think this is where my love of all kinds of food comes from.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

clif

Ok, I have to put my recipe in this  mix, as it is one my favorite meals!!!   First you start with a cast iron skillet them you add a good covering of olive oil throw in some real meat: elk is my favorite but moose, deer, or black bear will do.  Loin is my favorite for this meal!!!  Saute it until  it is done to your liking, this is a bit of a contradiction, but I like it a little over done for what is left in the skillet for this particular meal.  Remove the meat and keep it warm ( I use a hot saucer with a hot cast lid ) .   Place frozen ( tastes better,fresher [to me ]corn in the leftover in the hot  skillet I stir (saute) almost constantly until it starts to get that slight brown look then add some butter and Tabasco, chipotle  is the preferred at the moment, and some coarse ground pepper continue to heat until desired consistency ( chewiness  8))  Place on heated plate with meat and salt to taste.  I have to keep drying the keyboard just thinking about it.  ;D
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

SwampDonkey

I've cooked it with onion, pepper and made a topping for pizza, throw in mushroom, beans and spices , top with cheese and ya got yourself a non traditional pizza. Make your own pizza crust, way better. I'm always trying some kind of concoction. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Trax

We fry our corn pretty much the same as the first post we recently started throwing in some broke up Italian sausage

LeeB

I saw a different way on the tube the other night. The corn was deep fried and then finished off on the smoker. Looked really good.

Raider Bill

Lee,

Was it breaded then deep fried or just done plain?
I've smoked it before but never tried deep frying it.

LeeB

The cobs were peeled back and dipped in the hot oil by holding on to the shuck and then laid out on the grill. Chicken fried does sound interesting though.

SwampDonkey

:-\ Deep fried corn?

I'll drink mine from the oil bottle.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ScottAR

Breaded deep fried corn on the cob is mighty fine eating...  Makes the Corn really sweet. 

Now I'm hungry again... :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!