iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lead on the big saw

Started by bandmiller2, November 06, 2009, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Got the lead on my 48" Diston tweeked to prefection ended up between 1/32 and 1/16".Now if I understand what you have told me before ,the lead is particular to the saw if I rite that on the wall and put that saw on it the future I can set it to that spec. and be correct.??The saw cut ok with 1/8" lead but i noticed it cut thicker boards than usual.Also the red line laser usally shows up on the fuzz after the cut it didn't until I pulled it over a bit.A good indication ,I have found,is too much lead will tend to pull the last board away from the back headblock.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jeff

Actually, No.
However you can write it down as the best bet and starting point. It might not necessarily be that in the future. Tensioning, shoulder work, work on any damage to the saw plate or new shanks  can all cause the saw to change.

What we have noted in the past is that one saw is different from another when setting the lead.  Not necessarily unique to itself either.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

Aw geeze nothing can be simple,thanks Jeff.Frank C.

James P.

With Thanksgiving coming , I say lets just be thankful we can tweak things.  ;)
Bandmiller, if it wasn't for having to fix and adjust things who would you be? Always look forward to seeing your posts with your good problem solving ability. Wonder how you developed that ;) :)

bandmiller2

James I'am too cheap to hire someone.Frank C.

Chico

It's called thrifty Frank not cheap ;D
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Captain

Frank we're not cheap or thrifty, we're just the ultimate definititon of the New England Swamp Yankee.

Captain

bandmiller2

Cappy,you mean' skin a louse if you could sell the hide'.I actally enjoy building and working on the mill more than cutting.Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!