iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sometimes I'm Pretty Stupid

Started by Mark M, September 22, 2003, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

Ok then - so I told everyone about getting da turdy house and how I am going to add a new wood boiler. Well the last couple of nights it's been pretty cold and we haven't had any heat and since we won't get the new boiler for about a month me thinks we should have some heat. We have been waiting for the previous owner to come over and show us a few things and to show us how to start the boiler but since I haven't called yet they haven't been over (no surprise). It's pretty late so I don't want to bother them but we are starting to get cold. Being the handy guy I am I can probably figure out how to start this boiler. So this is what I did:

1. Locate boiler room in da basement - check  :)

2. Is power on to the boiler - check.  :)

3. Is gas valve on - check  :)

4. Open drain valve to see if water is in boiler - check  :)

5. Find pressure guage hidden under boiler cover and confirm system pressurized - check  :)

6. Find boiler charge valve and make sure it is functioning and is open - check  :)

7. Examine backflow preventer valve - check  :)

8. Check all other valves to see if they are in (what I think is) the correct position - check  :)

9. Check pilot light - no pilot lite.  :o

10. Why not? oh it has an electronic ignition - ok then -check    :)

11. Boiler still not running - why not??  ???

12. Wife - did you turn up the thermostat?  ;D

13. - Duh!  :-[

14. Thermostat up - boiler running!   8)

Who-da thunk it :D

biziedizie

Mark that's alot of checks, dontcha have a fireplace in that there big house ::)

Steve

shopteacher

Mark,
     If'un you chashed some of those checks you'd have enough money to winter in the tropics. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Gus

Mark,
Don't feel so bad. I did the same DanG thing. :-[ Been burning wood so long my learning curve gets kinda sharp with these new-fangled funaces. :o

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

redpowerd

if you wouldnt have made all those checks, who knows what would have happend? :)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

MARIAN

Last year when our furnace wouldn't start I went down and went through the check list and just couldn't find out why. I had to call someone to come out and fix it.  Turns out my husband didn't change the furnace filter and it shut down the furnace.  The repairman came out and took a look and replaced the filter for $80.  That was the most exspensive filter I've ever bought.  So don't feel bad.
  That doesn't even compare to the time we had to have the kids toilet taken out back because it was clogged up with a frog,  then there was the bar of soap, the barbie doll head and who can forget the rock that wound up flooding the bathroom!
  Never dull around here!!! :D

SawInIt CA

:D :D :D Ah I remember pulling things from the bottom of the toilet as well.

Thank You Sponsors!