iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 power feed

Started by bic, January 09, 2012, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bic

Something to keep a eye on, I was doing a small job last week and while reversing to make another cut the power feed died. no forward no reverse....I checked the control box as well as the fuse in the battery box. All seemed good, I then got a test light out and checked all the connections I had power to the control box. I checked the electric motor right at the motor housing and had no power. There is a tiny blue light in the power feed box, beside it reads  system? error, which I had never noticed before. Call was placed to Woodmizer in Linsay and spoke with Brian there, we went over a few more things and after a couple of phone calls a new motor was on the way. To make a long storey short, I went to install the new motor and found to my horror, that a plug conection inside the mesh casing was pulled out. ( I assumed it was a straight run to the power box.) I very sheepishly looked around to ensure no one was looking, and plugged it back in, hit the power and everything runs tickity boo. I set up to try and find how this could have possibly occured, I took the fenders off like I always do, and went ahead, and backed it up. It appears that the hook where the rubber bungie locks the fender on, may have caught the power cord and pulled it out, when it happened, , the head was approx. 3-4 feet away from the fender and I didn't put 2+2 together. A big thanks to Brian at Woodmizer, sure is nice to have that kind of service. The new motor will be returned tomorrow, and the slack taken out of the cable.
LT 28 Woodmizer
where there's a mill there's a way

zopi

Tickity boo? Is that anything like boogity boogity boogity...just slower?  lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ChuckinVa

I got a tickity-boo from a blue light once.... ;D

cypresskayaksllc

Good thing you didnt replace the motor and it still not work. Might have been another WM Rant  ;D
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

5quarter

While boogity, boogity, boogity is much faster than Tickety boo, it is not even half as fast as Slickety bang! Furthermore, I can only imagine what would have happened had he hit the power and got Nahna Nahna pooh pooh. ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

bic

LT 28 Woodmizer
where there's a mill there's a way

JP135

Good info. Might save somebody the expense of a service call or a replacement motor.

ps: tickity boo trumps boogity-boogity. Apparently not everyone got the memo.

Thank You Sponsors!