iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winch on loader

Started by chuck172, February 20, 2012, 02:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck172

I often use a 12000# winch on the loader of my TLB. Seems like I"m always wasting time winding the cable on evenly. Very tough to do with my set-up.
I'm wondering if I'm doing it right. I use a fairlead. Many times I'll use a snatch block on a tree just to get a straight pull. The cable still wants to wind sloppy, and kink.
I wonder if I should shorten the winch cable from 95 ft. down to about 75. Maybe rigg up tow fairleads. Any ideas?
I'm just using the winch for firewood.

Migal

When installing winch cable wind it up the same way it comes of the roll (like putting line on a bait caster) train it to lay right and look neat then train the operator to wind it up that way every time if its winding left slight pull to right then right when pulling left on next layer keep the line tight and move the winch (truck tractor skidder ) to another angle with letting of brakes as u wind the cable up even winch lines last longer and make you look proficient at your job at task.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chuck172

Thank You Sponsors!