iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, April 22, 2012, 09:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Finally getting some much needed rain! May help the mills clean up some winter wood! There is a flood warning in places in maine now!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

SwampDonkey

Raining that hard? It's just a soft rain here, that was forever coming. For two days it was dark, then some sun would peek through and now it's here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodhauler

Not raining hard yet, but the crystal ball readers say its coming tonite and monday!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

markd

Last month when you guys were sunbathin we were flooded out west here, now it's sunny here, I like the rain, I could be a storm chaser!
markd

SwampDonkey

We need the rain here, so no one is complaining. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rick f

2.55 inches here so far at 2:30 pm  the wind has realy picked up blowing about 35 mph here with higher gusts. We heeded rain but not all at once. I'm some glad I got our blueberry land burnt a week ago. If I had to wait till it dryed out now it would be awhile.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

rick f

Another 2 1/2" of rain again today. The frogs are waving a white flag now.

We need sun and warmer temps so the honey bees can work on the Blueberry crop. Cpme on sun.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Woodhauler

Quote from: rick f on May 10, 2012, 02:14:55 PM
Another 2 1/2" of rain again today. The frogs are waving a white flag now.

We need sun and warmer temps so the honey bees can work on the Blueberry crop. Cpme on sun.
Yes i agree on the sun! Only thing its helping bis the wood market. They may get some winter wood used up!

SwampDonkey

I went out yesterday, but it was wet from the night before. Every pocket in my vest was full of water besides all the rolls of ribbon that got soaked (paper cores). Then of course softwood needles sticking to everything, including the compass dial and mirror. ::) Today, it was too wet and it rained hard all day. Nice for a day off. ;) With the GPS I don't like taking it out in heavy rain, showers or misty weather not so bad. Anyway, gotta finish up the block tomorrow.

rick f

I bet it will still be very wet under foot. Can you say Soggy
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Ken

I have been doing some maintenance work on a clients road the last few days.  Not hard to see where I need extra/bigger culverts.  Not sure of totals yet but I suspect we got 3-4 inches today. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

rick f

We were lucky so far , were at 3/4' for this weekend.  Columbia Falls, Maine
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

bill m

I think the rain can stop now. We have had over 12" in the last 4 weeks.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Silver_Eagle

We will take all the rain you can send to Texas  ;D

SwampDonkey

We never had any of the rain that was forecast. A couple of sprinkles and not enough to wet the road. Suppose to be showery weather for next two days. Noticed at DNR that the fire weather is on the high end.

redprospector

If you're sick of rain, send it to New Mexico as quick as you can.
The West side of the state is burning up, and it's powder house dry central and East side.
White water/Baldy fire was at 290,000 acres last I heard.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

thecfarm

I saw on the news that Portland got almost 8 inches of rain and Sanford got half that much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tyb525

We have had next to no rain around here lately. Corn isn't even knee high yet.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

No sign of anything here yet. Just a couple sprinkles and everything is still dry. Now, we have had lots of rain this spring. So not complaining.

GRANITEstateMP

We got close to 2.75 in. in the last couple of days, and they are saying more on and off again all week (Southern NH)

Me, the wife, and our little dude, were driving through Portland, ME as that storm was hitting (heading to LL Bean - thank you 24hr service!).  I've never heard the Emergency Broadcast deal go off so many times on the radio.  Just went slow and steady and made it safe, but boy oh boy was it coming down!

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!