iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOG MASTER BRAND

Started by fencerowphil (Phil L.), January 20, 2002, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

MYSTERY PRODUCT

I had become familiar with these machines after seeing a used one. The company boasts several recent improvements.

Log Master's basic scheme is high horse power, very heavy frames, and all hydraulic power - even the band drive. Horse power ranges are higher than many other mills. They have the high tech toys, plus things like hydraulically-operated guides, and variable speeds on the functions of the mill.

Does anybody out there have a Log Master LM-4, for example?

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Tom

I don't have one and don't know anybody who does, but I have seen the advertisements and it is certainly an interesting concept which, on the surface, makes a lot of sense. Weren"t they the ones that advertised a Caterpillar power plant?

I hope they show up at the Ag Show in Moultry Ga. next October.  I would like to see one.  As Close to Moultry as I-10 makes them, I'm surprised that they weren't there last year.  Maybe I just missed them.  If you get to studying them some, give us a synopsis of what you find out.

DanG

Nope, Tom, you didn't miss them. They missed us!  I was there, and you were there, but they weren't. They may have been able to sell me a mill if they had been. ::)

It would be interesting to see Mobile Dimensions show up there, one year.  I wonder what all those folks would think about a 3 blade circular jobbie among all those band mills?  Sure would throw some controversy into the mix, wouldn't it?  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

Dan G.  I will get a hold on the company management and owners and see what can be done about getting a mill to the show.  I may even have to offer to go and help demonstrate the machine for them and no cost. ;)
Frank Pender

TxLogger

Logmaster is built about 35 miles from me.  They have a nice operation & appear to do quality work.  I've watched one saw.  It is a monster size mill.  Heavy frame with lots of HP.  The one I watched used a 2"  band.  Four post construction.  This is a big mill.  The one I watched was poking along, could have sawn much faster.  Off bearer was too slow.  With a mill this size I'd think you'd need 2 or 3 hands loading & unloading in order to really reach its potential.  I liked what I saw & the pricing is pretty decent too.  The only thing I didn't like was the wheel type scale, it's hard to see, but the mill also comes with electronic setworks too.  The same company is building an edger that's built as heavy duty as the mill.

Tom

Thank You Sponsors!