iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If this is fun, I`m have`n it!

Started by Kevin, January 21, 2002, 07:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychotic1

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)Yaaa--Hoooo 8) 8) 8)

That's impressive even where I come from!

Nice.
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

Tom

wow what a nice log. Tell us about it kevin.

Kevin

It was a White Pine that was too close to the road and the road crew pushed it over last Fall and left it to rot.
I didn`t have any way to get the logs out so I went in with the 066 and milled it into lumber and carried the boards out.
Good way to spend a Saturday.

Tom

What are you gonna make?  What did you saw it up into?

Looks co-o-o-l-ld.  I have been fighting 800+ around my mill today.  It's been uncomfortable but I don't envy you and that white stuff. :D

Papa Dave

Wow, Kevin, that is one fine log.  But is sure does look cold. Down here in Tennessee, it was 70 and real nice yesterday.

Have you decided what you are going to do with it?

Kevin

I actually enjoy milling in that.
The cool weather is not only good for the saw but helps cool down the sawyer too.
I milled 1", 1 1/8" and some 1 5/8".
Most of it will go towards small projects.
Tom, when it dips down into the 70`s it must be a real shock to your system.  :D

Jeff

Kev, I really screwed em up down there. I drug the cold down with me. It FROZE 3 nights while we were there. We had one day in the 70's. It still felt like summer to us though!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I noticed you were wearing a jacket.

Jeff

Kevin, it wasnt the cold That kept that jacket on, it's the critters. Man I was scared to death. Everything down there was born in Transylvania.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Uh-huh :D, I've given at the northwoods Red Cross...airial wing(s)

Tom

Actually I can handle the 70's ok......it's when it gets into the 60's that I break out the heavy coats and build a fire in the fireplace.  when it gets in the 40's my blood stops running so I have to stay insid the house and watch football. :D

Jeff drafted a bunch of cold air down here behind his truck.  He only thinks there were critters, he should see them when it is 90 degrees and standing water everywhere.  We tote shotguns.

Thank You Sponsors!