iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lane #1 sawmill dawgs

Started by parttimelogger, September 06, 2013, 09:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parttimelogger

We recently purchased an old lane saw setup, we have it mostly together but are missing some pieces, mainly the dawgs that hold the wood in place. We are located in Maine and any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how Thanks
EARTH FIRST WE'LL LOG THE OTHER PLANETS LATER

thecfarm

partimelogger,another new member from Maine. Where abouts? Did the Lane come from Maine too?
This will help on the pictures. Looks like alot,but is not. Jeff,The Boss,wants the pictures here for ever. No dreaded red X on here.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html
If you need help,give a holler. It's always something simple if you have problems.
Been around a sawmill before?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

good to hear from you, and I hope you find these parts,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ron Wenrich

Meadows bought Lane out in 2004.  You might be able to get parts there. 

LWI Metalworks in Morrisville, VT also says they have parts in stock for Lane, of they can make them.  They might be worth a call:  http://lwiweld.com/lanechase.html

Sometimes local mill suppliers can direct you to someone with parts from used mills. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

parttimelogger

The mill came from Vermont and is powered by a 8cyl detroit...the mill is now located in Weld Maine...no previous circular saw mill experience some woodmizer use...my father actually used a wood mizer to saw the beams that the mill is now sitting on

parttimelogger

I think I downloaded a couple of pics to the site...ill try to get them posted on this thread. Thanks for the help so far..ill get some more pics this weekend to show how we have the mill set up in maine

thecfarm

I think you are right. Now try this,

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,than click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Welcome PTlogger.its a shame but the sliding dogs always seem to be missing on an abandoned mill.Their about the only part a kid or passer by can swipe as they are light and removable.I have Chase headblocks on my mill but I think Lanes slides in a channel.In the past I have made them using railroad hardware picked up along the grade.If you have one or can borrow one they are not too hard to build.If you have a mill in a remote location I would drill and tap for a bolt at the top of travel so they cannot easily be removed.I'll bet Lane has sold a lot of them over the years. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!