iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weekend Breakfast

Started by 21incher, March 01, 2014, 09:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

This is my favorite breakfast to make on the weekend. You take 3 potatoes cube them up, 3 mini peppers diced, and 1/2 a large sweet onion diced. Slowly cook them up in some olive oil and butter. Add some chopped parsley, a pinch of paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until tender and slightly browned. Cook up a pack of breakfast sausage and several slices of bacon in another pan. Spread the hash browns in a even layer on the bottom, arrange the bacon and sausage on top of that, pour 7 beaten eggs evenly around the pan, Then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Cover the pan and cook with a very low flame for about 15 minutes. Remove the cover and cook until all the water vapor evaporates. Slice and serve with toast.

I would like to add that even though you don't see grits in the pictures they are a secret ingredient used to make bacon.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

Man that looks like a good breakfast, but I have to ask, what do all the others eat?

Just Kidding!  ;D

I could really go for some of that, it's sort of like an open omlet!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Wick

Used to do the same thing when working night shift or weekends. Mmm... good.
Don't forget the ketchup  :)  and grits, but no ketchup in the grits. Actually if you have grits, then you just mix it together and won't need ketchup.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

sawguy21

I will have to try that (without grits of course). Looks DanG good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

Grits are nothing more than a binding agent, very critical in fine breakfast quinine. and anytime tators cheese , sausage and peppers are in the mix,, can't be too far off ;D    Looks great!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

That's right Dave, kinda like rerod in a concrete pour!   :D ;D :D  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jason_AliceMae Farms

My parents have those exact same plates  :D  and we do something very similar except we use a cast iron pan.  It looks like breakfast at home!
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

WDH

Quote from: 21incher on March 01, 2014, 09:51:42 AM
I would like to add that even though you don't see grits in the pictures they are a secret ingredient used to make bacon.

:D :D :D  Nothing beats good hog meat.  For you Northern-Frozen-Glaciated Types, this is how you can enjoy grits. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Lets not and say we did.  ;D   Old saying
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I thought that you liked grits fed hog meat.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I suppose if the g word was in the hog meat and no one told me I would call it good.  ;) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm really getting upset that you're not spelling GRITS with a capital "G".
I've tried to change you and have been patient.
I will be glad to tutor you after hours to help you with this problem at no cost to you.
The balls in your court.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

No ball in my court,Bub.  ;D

WDH

David,

He is ruined and hopeless.

WmFritz

One of my favorite morning hangouts has a breakfast skillet on the menu that I always get. Yours looks tastier.

Now that I know there may be a possibility that g**ts could be in my bacon, I may have to start ordering steak with my eggs.  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

21incher

When I was young my father would fatten the pigs with sour milk from the local dairy mixed with ground corn ( Grits ) and they made the best bacon ever.
Quote from: Jason_AliceMae Farms on March 10, 2014, 09:34:30 AM
My parents have those exact same plates  :D  and we do something very similar except we use a cast iron pan.  It looks like breakfast at home!
I just bought a cast iron frying pan and will use it for my next batch. My wife used to have a full set of those dishes until I tried to use one with a weight on it to hold down a batch of pickles fermenting in a crock.   About 3 weeks later I checked on them and the brine was cloudy and the plate was about 1 inch smaller in diameter. The Dang brine etched away the plate and ruined 5 gallons of pickles..
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sandhills

Quote from: WmFritz on March 11, 2014, 11:40:26 PM
One of my favorite morning hangouts has a breakfast skillet on the menu that I always get. Yours looks tastier.

Now that I know there may be a possibility that g**ts could be in my bacon, I may have to start ordering steak with my eggs.  :D :D
We feed corn to cattle too  :D :D.

Dodgy Loner

I like that! I'll have to give it a try :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!