iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunday Mornings

Started by Billbob, November 16, 2014, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billbob

Bellies are full, it's cold outside, time to have a little snooze by the stove.  Gotta love Sunday mornings!

Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

r.man

I hate you with every fiber of my being. I have to go to work this afternoon and I will have to clear snow off my vehicle.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

MikeHup

Nice and cozy spot you have there!

Billbob

Quote from: r.man on November 16, 2014, 09:19:27 AM
I hate you with every fiber of my being. I have to go to work this afternoon and I will have to clear snow off my vehicle.
Quote from: MikeHup on November 16, 2014, 11:40:23 AM
Nice and cozy spot you have there!
:D :DGotta love the haters!!! :D :D  I make no apologies r.man!  I worked most Sundays for 30 years and most of them on a midnight shift.   But thanks for taking over for me. Your effort and diligence is very much appreciated!  ;D

Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

drobertson

You need a hair cut! :D  glad you are enjoying your day!   Sundays are for a day of rest, whenever possible of course,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

slider

My ox was in the ditch I mounted 4 11x24.5,s changed out some wheel studs and started trying to figure out the wiring on the front of the pete.Later wife demanded that I shoot pool with her.Oh well some things a fella has to do to keep them happy.
al glenn

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Billbob

Quote from: drobertson on November 16, 2014, 09:51:14 PM
You need a hair cut! :D  glad you are enjoying your day!   Sundays are for a day of rest, whenever possible of course,

Did a little work, on my sawmill renovations, rested a bit, took the dogs for a walk,  good day in all. :)

Quote from: Chuck White on November 17, 2014, 07:59:14 AM
Really looks cozy!   :)
It is Chuck.  I don't think I'll mention to r.man that I also took a two hour nap in the afternoon! :D

sandhills

Had cattle out 40 miles away and had cattle yarded at my place for weaning/hauling/pouring the cows, felt absolutely terrible because a neighbor called to see how the chicken cooking was going for our church's "fall" dinner yesterday morning (he found out late and had cattle to deal with too) :-\.  I wasn't in charge of it but there was a lot of failure of communication involved and I knew nothing about it along with a lot of the other guys, leaving one guy to try and smoke chicken in - wind chills and 5 degrees.  The chicken got cooked and was a success I heard, and the cows were all taken care of but I always look forward to cooking with the guys for that dinner, all friends and neighbors and a good time, sorry I had to miss it but that's life.  Fun thing about small communities though, my neighbor called the guy and told him to bring the smoker to his shop, they cooked the chicken indoors and got it done with 2 or 3 people  :), he said his shop smells really good now  :D.

Shotgun

Just curious...would you define "pouring" as it relates to cattle for me please?  Thanks in advance.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

goose63

this is cozy my toes are warm
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Quote from: Shotgun on November 17, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
Just curious...would you define "pouring" as it relates to cattle for me please?  Thanks in advance.
First off I think goose has the right idea  ;D, but to answer your question Shotgun we "pour" the cattle twice a year (some just do it once) with a liquid that kills lice and such, what we use is also suppose to kill any intestinal little worms, not sure I'm sold on that theory though.

r.man

Billbob, before I give any more well deserved harsh words for your flagrant display of leisure I should ask if you have any relatives in Blackville south of Miramichi?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Nate379

Friday got out of the woods around 6pm, I almost didn't know what to do with the extra time! I usually put in 14-16hr days 7 days a week.

Went to the talking picture shows, been 3 or 4 years since I'd been.  Saw Fury , pretty darn good !

Billbob

Quote from: r.man on November 17, 2014, 09:55:33 PM
Billbob, before I give any more well deserved harsh words for your flagrant display of leisure I should ask if you have any relatives in Blackville south of Miramichi?

Nope, no relatives in Blackville.  And I don't venture that way unless I'm well armed!  :D

Back in the 1950's and 60's my father and two of his brothers had hunting camps in Trout Brook on the Northeast Miramichi.  Great spot to hunt and fish salmon and trout.

Billbob

Shotgun

Thanks for clearing up "pouring" for me, Sandhills.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

sandhills

No problem Shotgun, come on down and I'll show you how to do it  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!