working progress

Started by Ikemonroe, January 05, 2015, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikemonroe

I finely got around to getting a few photos from around my mill 

Ike.M

Magicman

That is a nice setup Ike.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Ikemonroe.

Really nice, but looks a little funny without sawdust, slabs and lumber!

You've done a fine job!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Interesting pics of several machines and power hookups.

How about going back to that post with pics, and using the "modify" button to add some commentary so we have a better idea just what these machines are, how they are powered, and what they will be used to produce.

Looks neat and clean. Would like to know more about what ya got there.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ikemonroe

Quote from: Chuck White on January 05, 2015, 03:35:53 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Ikemonroe.

Really nice, but looks a little funny without sawdust, slabs and lumber!

You've done a fine job!

thanks, i didnt get any pics of the slab pile :D
Ike.M

Ikemonroe

Quote from: beenthere on January 05, 2015, 03:50:43 PM
Interesting pics of several machines and power hookups.

How about going back to that post with pics, and using the "modify" button to add some commentary so we have a better idea just what these machines are, how they are powered, and what they will be used to produce.

Looks neat and clean. Would like to know more about what ya got there.  ;)

ill work on figuring out how to add some descriptions. if anyone has any question feel free to ask.
Ike.M

kelLOGg

WOW! Is that under-the-floor power? much like the 19th century overhead power shafts?
Tell us more.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Nichols

Really nice setup Ike, but I really don't know what I am looking at. Explanation would be enlightening, insightful and very interesting. I am always interested in learning how somebody else does something. 
If Balein' wire and Duck tape ever quit, my whole place is gonna fall apart!

Ikemonroe

Quote from: kelLOGg on January 05, 2015, 06:48:03 PM
WOW! Is that under-the-floor power? much like the 19th century overhead power shafts?
Tell us more.
Bob

I built all the drive shafts under the floor to avoid having to walk over shafts and around the power unit. sense i run the mill mostly by myself it saves me a lot of running.
Ike.M

Ikemonroe

Quote from: Nichols on January 05, 2015, 07:23:46 PM
Really nice setup Ike, but I really don't know what I am looking at. Explanation would be enlightening, insightful and very interesting. I am always interested in learning how somebody else does something.
I apologize for for not going into much detail. ill try to get some infomation up. if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. i could talk all day about mills.
Ike.M

VTwoodworker

Nice operation.  I like the Tower edger.  I have the same one that needs work and I hope to have in running this spring.  I have never used one of these edgers.  How does yours work?  I think I spy a shingle mill in one of the pictures - what is the maker of that?

I would really like to see some pics of the Lane Sawmill.

Ikemonroe

Quote from: VTwoodworker on January 06, 2015, 04:32:27 PM
Nice operation.  I like the Tower edger.  I have the same one that needs work and I hope to have in running this spring.  I have never used one of these edgers.  How does yours work?  I think I spy a shingle mill in one of the pictures - what is the maker of that?

I would really like to see some pics of the Lane Sawmill.

I have not had the edger running yet, im working on getting some power hooked upto it, the shingle mill is a chase. thats another project :D
Ike.M

flyboy16101

Very nice building, how big did you build?
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

beenthere

Is there a crawl space under the floor? or is there a lower level like a basement (can't see it if there is), or do you just have a removable floor to get at the belts and power apparatus below deck?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ikemonroe

Quote from: flyboy16101 on January 06, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
Very nice building, how big did you build?
the main building is 20 by 60.
Ike.M

Ikemonroe

Quote from: beenthere on January 06, 2015, 06:49:55 PM
Is there a crawl space under the floor? or is there a lower level like a basement (can't see it if there is), or do you just have a removable floor to get at the belts and power apparatus below deck?
theres a crawl space under the floor. i have a few access doors over the drive pulleys
Ike.M

chopperdr47

Very impressed. My Frick would love to have a home like that.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

bandmiller2

Nice lashup you have there mate. What engine do you have to power everything. I had a Chase shingle mill just like yours it came from coastal Maine was used to cut thin pine to make fish boxes. Mine didn't have the trimmer ether. Please first project on it should be a guard. I took a length of 4" angle iron cut wedges out of it so I could curve it to match the saw, Theirs a boss on the base you can put a round shaft in so the guard will swing away when you want to file or set the saw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Ikemonroe

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 08, 2015, 08:51:07 PM
Nice lashup you have there mate. What engine do you have to power everything. I had a Chase shingle mill just like yours it came from coastal Maine was used to cut thin pine to make fish boxes. Mine didn't have the trimmer ether. Please first project on it should be a guard. I took a length of 4" angle iron cut wedges out of it so I could curve it to match the saw, Theirs a boss on the base you can put a round shaft in so the guard will swing away when you want to file or set the saw. Frank C.
I have a 466 international running the lane mill that works realy well. I do have the planner trimmer for the chase mill however the part of the casting to mount it is missing so ill have to fabricate a new one, Im also planning on putting a guard on it aswell.
Ike.M

Thank You Sponsors!