iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rain!!!

Started by CCC4, March 03, 2016, 10:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

I can't even get one tree on the ground with out it raining on and off!! Sleet pelting me...I'm an hour and a half away at my job site...already soaked and everyone else is in the truck!! I guess that's a good enough place for me too. Heck, even a chicken is smart enough to get out of the rain!!!

lumberjack48

If i was back in the logging business i would live on the job site 5 days a week. That driving 2 to 3 hours a day is for the birds and a wast of good time. I lived on the job site 5 different times. You can't beat it, get up in the morning, put coffee on, and get dressed. Then pour a cup of coffee, step out of the shack and start the skidder. While the skidders warming up throw a can of beef hash in a frying pan with a couple eggs. Then off to work, i loved it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

CCC4

Im with ya there! I don't understand why we are traveling everyday. The last cut down there was just about 20 mins further and I was put in a motel for 8 weeks. The drive is for sure a waste of time. 

Autocar

We use to pull our camper to the nearest campground and the fellow that worked for me at that time pulled his also . Our wives went with us and he had two little boys and they would fish or be swimming all day. When we came back from the job we would always find a dead ash or elm and have fire wood for the whole campground. Good times for sure brings back alot of memories.
Bill

madmari

I'm working 90 miles from home, staying in a fishing shanty for 4-5 days then home for two. The weather has ranged from -20 to 50 plus, sometimes within two days. Rain, sleet and for about an hour a week, sun. It's been a challenge. Mechanical breakdowns are the test of your endurance and patience. Not fun, but get it done.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Thank You Sponsors!