iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

RETIRED -- Forestry Forum Hats Now Available

Started by Kitty, August 22, 2016, 10:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

Effective Immediately -  The time has finally come...I am retiring from providing the FF members with the embroidered hats. To all those who have purchased my hats in the past a big thank you and most appreciated.

Ljohnsaw

I paid for mine.  You should instruct PayPal users to click on "send money to friends and family" and NOT "business or goods" so you will not be hit with a service fee.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Kitty

Quote from: ljohnsaw on August 22, 2016, 11:01:36 PM
I paid for mine.  You should instruct PayPal users to click on "send money to friends and family" and NOT "business or goods" so you will not be hit with a service fee.

Thanks

Jeff

Kevin of Logrite and I had on the brown oil hat at Booneville and everyone really liked them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

I've still got mine from the original offering years ago. I bet it hasn't been worn more than a dozen times. I'm just not a hat wearer.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

I've had mine for quite a few years now, but I only wear it when I'm going to events like Tupper Lake & Boonville Woodsmens Days!

I also wear it when I'm going to be at other events where I want to let people ask "What's the Forestry Forum"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trapper

I bought a #4 at the pig roast I like the style and the way it fits.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

Chuck,me too!! I do not wear mine much. But I always have a hat on if I am out of the house.
And that is the only hat that I have ever bought too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I have been waiting 3 years for this day. Wonder if shirts will be next?  8) 8) 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I'm sure Kitty can fix you up with a Shirt. She is our official apparel person.

Gary_C

Is there a hat with a more open mesh design for summer use? Those heavy fabric hats make my head hot in the summer and might cause my hair to fall out.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DR_Buck

Quote from: Gary_C on August 24, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
Is there a hat with a more open mesh design for summer use? Those heavy fabric hats make my head hot in the summer and might cause my hair to fall out.  :D :D

Gary   -  She has a solid khaki colored with a mesh back and Velcro strap.    IM her per the posting at the top with your your desire.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

DR_Buck

First batch of orders went out 1s class mail this morning.   Most destinations are 2 to 3 day delivery.

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Kitty

Quote from: Bark Beetle on August 26, 2016, 12:29:31 AM
How long will they be available?

Bark Beetle, I'm hoping the hats will be available for a good long while. As long as my supplier stays in business, I will have hats to embroider to provide to the FF folks.

Thanks for asking...
Kitty

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

cliffreaves

I just got mine in and it's great!  Very light weight, just what I was hoping for.  Thanks!

Kitty

Quote from: cliffreaves on August 29, 2016, 06:09:04 PM
I just got mine in and it's great!  Very light weight, just what I was hoping for.  Thanks!
Thank you Cliff, glad you liked it!

kitty

Ljohnsaw

I just got mine today as well! 8)  Now I feel like I belong here.  Looks really good! ;D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

We need to see some pictures of the hats in action.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scully

I got 2 because Jeff' s looked so awesome.  I'm very pleased .
I bleed orange  .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Jeff's looked so awesome mostly because Jeff was wearing it. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 30, 2016, 07:43:30 PM

Photo shopped.  ;D

Kitty

Quote from: scully on August 30, 2016, 05:32:16 PM

I got 2 because Jeff' s looked so awesome.  I'm very pleased .

Thank you....Scully...much appreciated

kitty

Kitty

Quote from: Jeff on August 30, 2016, 07:43:30 PM

Now Jeff...you would look good in any hat you would wear... :)

Jeff

Magicman

Beauty is in da eyes of da beholder.   :o

And dat guy needs ah new hat!!!    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I got a new hat, and who is that rough and tumble lookin dude?

scully

I got thinkin , allot of guys here may never check the whole forum for things like FF hats etc. Like me I normally just hang around in saw mills and milling .  These are very fine hats  I hope to see more guys ordering ! This is a great opertunity to support everything we love here .  Personally I think I will be placing another order .
I bleed orange  .

21incher

Got mine and I must say it is one of the nicest hats that I have ever had. The material is extremely soft and it feels like it it is broken in from the start. The embroidery is just amazing. Thank you Kitty for helping us nohats become official havehats members of the Forestry Forum. 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ed_K

We ordered new summer hats from Kitty, their really nice, great work on the embroidery  8) 8) 8).

At home with our new hats.

And a close up at the puter.

Ed K

Jeff

Much more photogenic than that one of the dude Magicman stuck on here. :)

thecfarm

Hey,Hey,where did that mighty fine looking couple come from?  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kitty

Quote from: 21incher on September 10, 2016, 01:28:08 PM
Got mine and I must say it is one of the nicest hats that I have ever had. The material is extremely soft and it feels like it it is broken in from the start. The embroidery is just amazing. Thank you Kitty for helping us nohats become official havehats members of the Forestry Forum. 8)
Thank you for the compliments...very pleased that you are happy with them!
Kitty

Kitty

Quote from: Ed_K on September 11, 2016, 09:33:38 AM
We ordered new summer hats from Kitty, their really nice, great work on the embroidery  8) 8) 8).

At home with our new hats.

And a close up at the puter.

\
Thank you...my pleasure.

LIL

A huge thanks to Kitty for a smooth and hassle free process. Our hats arrived down under today. We are looking forward to road tripping with them over our summer break. 

Again a huge thanks we are super pleased with them 😊

Cheers

LIL (& @Ianab )
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Kitty

Thank you LIL....so happy they reached you safely!

Kitty

newoodguy78

Kitty,

I saw mention of shirts in this thread. Is that something that's available. The hats look great but I have to admit I am not a hat wearer. I would like to do something  to help/endorse this wonderful forum. Thank you for your time

Kitty

Hi,
Shirts will be available at some point in time, just not at the moment.

Once Dave and I get relocated, then we will have more to offer in the garment line. So, hats are it for the time being. 

Just now, Dave and I are in the midst of downsizing and selling our property to relocate in the  hopes of retiring from the corporate environment soon. I hope you will have patience and understanding with me as Dave and I try to get through this property selling thing....who knew it would be so difficult? 

Thank you for asking though....

Kitty

newoodguy78

Kitty,

Thank you for the response. I will be glad to be patient, firm believer that good things come to those who wait. Maybe just throw a post out when they are available? Your workmanship is very commendable on the hats. Good luck with getting things settled, no doubt a stressful process. Keep up the good work.

Kitty

Weekend_Sawyer

I have a habit of not seeing what is right in front of me.  ::)
I just caught up to this thread.

1 #3 has been ordered!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kitty

John,

Got it....in the mail tomorrow morning. Thank you.

Kitty

Weekend_Sawyer

DbltreeBelgians

I got my new hat today at the Paul Bunyan Festival where I met Kitty and Dave.
Thank you Kitty for the hat and the bottle of Blue Creeper also.
It was a pleasure meeting you both and I hope to see you again some day.
Thanks again,

Brent

DR_Buck

Brent with his new hat and the hat maker Kitty.

Kitty

It was a pleasure to meet Brent. Thank you for stopping by Logrite and picking up a hat while you were there!

Kitty

DR_Buck

There will be a limited supply of FF hats available to purchase at the Paul Bunyan Show this weekend.   Kitty will be hanging out around the Logrite display.

Jeff

Pretty proud of my new Forestry Forum hat! Thanks to our official hat maker for working out the design with me! They are not available yet, but hopefully by the first of the new year! I just love It!

Dave Shepard

They look great. Now you can be color coordinated while eating your Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar.  ;D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Weekend_Sawyer

I want one.

I have 3 generations of FF hats.
How many have there been?

Jon

goose63

Let me know when thy are reary I got to have one  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

burtle

Quote from: Jeff on October 23, 2017, 05:24:18 PM
Pretty proud of my new Forestry Forum hat! Thanks to our official hat maker for working out the design with me! They are not available yet, but hopefully by the first of the new year! I just love It!

Very neat!

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the latest on shirts being available??

Thanks
Never Give Up

123maxbars

Quote from: Jeff on October 23, 2017, 05:24:18 PM

That is a fantastic Hat! Nice work Jeff,
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Grizzly

Will they be in the online sale thing? Or by what means will they be available to purchase?
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

You will contact Kitty. Info in first post.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 13, 2017, 03:02:32 PM
You will contact Kitty. Info in first post.

That cap would make a NICE Christmas Contest present.  ::)

Jeff

I'm not sure she has her machine up and running yet after moving. I would have ordered some myself for that purpose. :)

Kitty

Hello All! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DRBuck and I have completely moved to our new home and have rearranged the boxes, crates and furniture to set up my machine so I can get back to making more hats!

To start off the new year, I am offering the Red/Black Tartan #7 hat at a cost of $25.  Yes, this is an increase of $5 over the other hats offered, but this is due to the make and sizing of the hat.  This hat is a Flex-Fit and comes in sizes rather than adjustable.  The sizes are SM/MED (6¾ to 7¼) and LG/XLG (7 1/8 to 7 5/8).

So, if you want the Red/Black Tartan #7, please be sure to indicate the size when ordering, along with all the other info I need. Just follow the directions posted at the top of this thread and I will get back with you. A picture of the hat  has been added to the bottom of the original post of this thread or go to Jeff's FB page, I believe he has a picture of himself modeling it.  Also, orders for any of the other hats is the same procedure.

Thanks to all of you for your patience in waiting on me to get back up and running. Much appreciated.

Kitty

Weekend_Sawyer

Weekend_Sawyer

I got my new Hat!!!

Jeff is deep in the cyber engine room of our forum adding virtual horsepower and aerodynamics to our beloved Forestry Forum. Fueled by caffeine and adrenaline we expect him to emerge wiping his hands free of gremlins and glitches his pockets filled with stray bits and bytes to present us with a shiny new server that will out distance the best and worst of them. We wait with abated breath for the forum to emerge from it's chrysalis and when it does, I will do my part by adding a picture of my new favorite hat. Thank You Jeff for all you do.

And a big Thank You to Kitty.
The forum is a better place with you here.
Jon

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Kitty

More than welcome! .....and thank you!

Kitty

Weekend_Sawyer

Leigh Family Farm

@Kitty - Are the other (non plaid) designs available in Flex-Fit? 
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Kitty

Leigh Family, 

Unfortunately no, I don't offer the Flex-Fit with the traditional FF design. 

Thank you for asking. 

Kitty

Kitty

Good Afternoon!

Just in case someone attending the Pig Roast, would like a Forestry Forum hat...I wanted to let everyone know that I will be bringing a selection of Forestry Forum hats to the Pig Roast. Yep, the Red Plaid also. 

If I don't have the hat you want in the selection, I will be happy to take your order.

The Forestry Forum will receive a 10% donation per hat sold. 

Thanks,

Kitty

petefrom bearswamp

Got my new hat today.
Petefrombearswamp on the back.
Looks good Kitty, thanks
No pics tho as I cant figure out how to get from my phone to my chromebook
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Kitty

Thanks Pete....if you are happy then I am very happy!

Dorset

@Kitty  How much total to get a #7 to the Uk cheers
Russell
Dorset Hedgelayer ? Hedge Laying,
Echo 501XS, Echo 390ESX, Echo 2511WES. Elwell3807#2, & Gilpin Yorkshire billhooks, L200, 1 Cocker Spaniel & 1 Cairn Terrier,

Kitty

Russell,

Good Morning from this side of the water. According to the postal rates, it will cost approximately $14usd  to get the hat to you. Total cost would be around $39-40usd give or take a few cents.

Thanks and welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Kitty

DR_Buck

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

NOTICE :   

Official Forestry Forum Hats will be available from Kitty, the hat lady at the 2019 FF Pig Roast.

Kitty will also be available with hats at the Logrite venue during  the NYS Woodsmen's Field Days August 16th, 17th, 18th.

stevegee58

Any hats still available? If so let me know.

Kitty

stevegee58

Do you still have some of the #7, red plaids available? Let me know how to order from you. Thanks, Steve G.

Sedgehammer

I'd vote for some of these if possible next run and I'd buy a hat made out of oil waxed canvas. Any one else like it?

Necessity is the engine of drive

dgdrls

Quote from: Sedgehammer on April 13, 2020, 06:51:19 PM
I'd vote for some of these if possible next run and I'd buy a hat made out of oil waxed canvas. Any one else like it?

Yes,  very much.
D

bwstout

home built mill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tom King

Quote from: ljohnsaw on August 22, 2016, 11:01:36 PM
I paid for mine.  You should instruct PayPal users to click on "send money to friends and family" and NOT "business or goods" so you will not be hit with a service fee.
If you want to keep using Paypal, that might not be such a good idea for buying goods.

DR_Buck

Pay pal is a business.   As such, they charge fees to stay in business.     You as a buyer DO NOT pay a transaction fee.   We (Kitty) pays the fee as the seller.    That is our cost of doing business and is factored in.    If you use the "friends and family" choice you do not receive Paypal's protections for guaranteed delivery.  That is your choice.   

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

DR_Buck

Quote from: Stephen1 on December 17, 2020, 09:10:03 PM
I'd be in for a oil canvas hat also
@Stephen1 
Until we get the "shopping cart" function set up on our web site all orders will need to be made using the Forestry Forum private message (PM) system.  Message should be addressed to 'Kitty'.   The following methods are acceptable for making payment.

* If using a credit card please include your evening telephone number with your order.  We will call you for the credit card information.
     Please Do Not PM Credit Card Information

**  For check or money orders, hats will ship after receipt of payment.

When sending PM for your order please specify

----    PayPal payments should be made to sew4u@kittizkreations.com    PayPal users please click on "send money to friends and family" and NOT "business or goods"   ---

DR_Buck

Effective Immediately -  Due to increased shipping costs and changes in US Postal regulations concerning mail to non-U.S. addresses hat orders will be limited to where the recipient has a valid USPS approved address and Zip code.    

Thank your government for the efficiency improvements that have required this change.   Creation of online postage for non-US address now requires completing separate automated customs forms (even for gifts) that require recipients full name, address, email and phone numbers, none of which ends up on the printed label.  Instead, the postage software prints the address for a USPS/Customs clearing house in NJ.  Then somehow the USPS/Customs Service magically translate the bar code to get it to the actual recipient (we hope).  

Here is what the last label to Canada looked like.  

Stephen1

I am guessing sometime this year I might see my new hat!
Thanks Kitty
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

zoefoster

awesome hats I also want to get this embroidery on my 

Jeff

Im sure you would spammer. GOOD BYE!  TOOK 2 POSTS TO CATCH THIS ONE.

Thank You Sponsors!