Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Peanut butter and jelly plus a banana. . as to the future Solar
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tule peak timber

The power company here won't let us use tie in, so as far as solar -we are on on  own .
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

4x4American

I think they'll just shrivel up and starve lol
Boy, back in my day..

MbfVA

Quote from: caveman on June 30, 2017, 09:36:15 PM
I agree Ray.  It would be much better to have grits and cane syrup on the table together.

Unacceptable.  Time for some real maple syrup--

Fresh from Eagle's Sugar Camp, wonderful Highland County Virginia.
Dark amber, the very very best.
www.ordinary.com (really)

MbfVA

And now for my real food suggestion, direct & uncensored from Downtown Maidens in Goochland County, Virginia, located about 500 feet from our Peterson Saul meal (even Siri is getting into the pUn act--I'll make sure Saul leaves happy):

Family-style service, seconds on the house.

drobertson

Its our last loin, till fall season

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

Quote from: coxy on June 29, 2017, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on June 28, 2017, 10:02:00 PM

bacon cheeseburger pizza was dinner tonight.  one of my favorites at the local pizza joint.  $2.50/slice plus a buck for a soder pop.  Cheap healthy and wholesome lol
every thing looks good except for them dang cooked green peppers
I can't handle them either. We are having grilled chicken strips, salad and fresh fruit, it's just too DanG hot here to think of making a full on meal.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

4x4American

I didnt think of the heat having anything to do with appetite but now that you mention it I wasn't all that hungry today at all except for breakfast...I had pasta salad and beer for dinner tonight lol
Boy, back in my day..

MbfVA

Beer?  Why didn't you say so?  I'll catch the next train...
smiley_blue_bounce

Raider Bill

I've been baching it for the past couple weeks [GF's daughter had brain surgery in NY) got another week or so to go.
My complete and nutritious dinner menu has been
pizza and beer
wings and beer
beer and pizza
beer and wings
burger and beer
pizza, wings and beer
beer, wings and pizza.
Stromboli and beer
Calzone and beer
Last night I kicked it up a notch and had Pho soup and beer.
Today I'm feeling cheeseburgerish
When she left I was 271 I'm shooting for that 275 mark by a week from Friday as a surprise. More of me to love :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

coxy

or more to throw to the curb ;) :D 8)

Raider Bill

The secret to not seeing the curb is I own the house.  ;)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MbfVA

Mr administrator, I think some of these guys are gonna be single soon...
smiley_eek_dropjaw

MbfVA

but if you're willing to come our way, after the divorce, I'll be glad to extend a discount at our place.  smiley_daisy

coxy

:D :D  ok you got me  ;D

MbfVA

A full-service attorney will make a reservation for you
:laugh:

Raider Bill

Not for me. I learned my lesson with past marriages now I'm a living in sin type of guy. Things don't work out I'll help get boxes.
Wife number 2 decided that maybe she'd go stay with her sister in VA and reassess things. I packed all her belongings up in boxes and called UPS. 
Brown truck dropped 23 boxes off at Sisters house imagine the surprise! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MbfVA

I'll celebrate 34 years with my spouse next month, but I can tell you for many many years in the restaurant business & as a landlord, I've seen a lot of divorces.  We just moved in a lady with two kids, under 40 years old and already twice divorced.   I don't judge & I don't gloat or  condescend, I just observe.   Do feel kind of sad when young kids suffer the consequences of adult decisions.

tule peak timber

Mountain breakfast. Beef , pork , and bacon (the 3 main food groups) , greens ,potatoes, and a beet. The table side window is cracked while I watch for yard varmints,,,or maybe lunch. ;D ;D

MbfVA

Can you make bacon out of those yard varmints?   Long as it tastes like chicken?

That looks good, but am I allowed to put catchup/ketchup on the taters after I crush 'em?

tule peak timber

Here we call ketchup "the Canadian cure"-----it's a long story. :D

coxy

Quote from: MbfVA on August 05, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
Can you make bacon out of those yard varmints?   Long as it tastes like chicken?

That looks good, but am I allowed to put catchup/ketchup on the taters after I crush 'em?
have you ever tried thousand island dressing on them yum yum  when I do it the wifey goes to another room

Grizzly

Quote from: tule peak timber on August 05, 2017, 11:50:02 AM
Here we call ketchup "the Canadian cure"-----it's a long story. :D

Ok.....I'll bite. I wanna hear it if it's ok to tell it. (A Canadian I am)
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

tule peak timber

My wife is Canadian and years ago she made me her version of a meatloaf,,,,,yikes -out came the ketchup ! This has been a family joke for 20 years. :o

Thank You Sponsors!