iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baileys Online

Started by Woodcarver, December 31, 2005, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcarver

Tried to do some business with a forum sponsor yesterday--and again today.  I tried repeatedly to place an online order with Baileys.  When I added an item to the "shopping cart" previously added items dissappeared.  On one attempt I had all of the items I wanted in the cart, but when I went to checkout the cart was empty.

Has anyone else experienced a problem ordering online from Baileys?  I sent them an e-mail yesterday, but I didn't get a response.  They are closed today, so I'm sure I won't hear from them until Monday or Tuesday.  :(   
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Jeff

Sounds to me like its a problem with your system, not thiers.  I'd be willing to bet you have your security settings at a point where the "cookies" that are required for that type of internet process are being lost. I'll send a note to Sam, but really, its probably you.

I get the same thing here with folks wanting to now why the forum is broke and they can't get on when it works for a thousand other people. "What did you do to different so I cant get in?" :)

Never found a case where it was our fault when only one person was having the problem. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

First thing to try is Reboot your computer. then if that does not work

and assuming you are using Internet Exporer, go to Tools/ then Internet  options/ then privacy tab

Kevin

I just tried placing an order and it's working.

Jeff

Yep, I did the same. Went right up to the point of actually purchasing after shopping around and everything worked perfectly.

Here is what I WOULD have bought if I had any money. :D

18873  Echo® 346 Carving Package
   $359.95  $359.95 

15870  Double Bit Axe
   $17.95  $17.95 

CH 060  Log Rite™ 60" Cant Hook
   $89.95  $89.95 

Subtotal:  $467.85
Sales Tax:  $0.00
Shipping:  $19.95
TOTAL (USA):  $487.80

Jeff

Here is where mine is set:

Kevin

Too bad you can't get those sent emails back.  ;D

Woodcarver

I had cookies set to prompt.  I was never prompted while I was in the site.  I added Baileys to my table of trusted sites in IE (the Forestry Forum is the only other site in the table).  That didn't solve the problem either. I rebooted the PC a couple of time yesterday and had just brought it up this morning when I tried to place the order.

In the last couple of weeks I've placed orders with Dick Blicks and number of other online stores that require cookies to be enabled and haven't had a problem.

I assumed the problem was probably on my end, but I haven't been able to put my finger on it.

Woodcarver

I forgot to mention that I also tried adding to Baileys to the IE table of internet sites to accept all cookies.  That didn't help either.

Jeff

What version of IE are you using??

Jeff

I would recommend doing a windows update that will make sure you don't have an issue with your browser, which apparently you must.

Woodcarver

I'm using 6.0, Jeff.  The last time I checked--a few days ago-- there were no updates I hadn't downloaded.  I'll check again.  I usually do that every Sunday.  Helps me remember to do it regularly.

Thanks for all the help.  Incidently, There's no great urgency. I sent the order out by snail mail. I just want to track the problem down.  I'm sure I'll want to order from Baileys in the future and I prefer to order online when I can

J_T

I order from the Jackson Tn store I call them  8) Those folks know what is going on and are a great bunch to shoot the bull with too :D :D I never seem to know exatley what I need or want so they figgure it out for me  8) 8)
Jim Holloway

BEAVERBOY

Woodcarver,
Sorry for the late reply but I was on my sole vacation of the year from the 27th until the 6th. Jeff is right, if you are having problems with items dissappearing, chances are you need to change the cookies setting. Its a problem we frequently have. Seems that you have already figured this out but I thought I better get back to you on the subject. I spend most of my hours on the phone so if you are having any problems, dial the 800-322-4539 and ask for Sam.

Woodcarver

No problem, Sam, I was in touch with Rich Davidson by e-mail.  Here's a copy of e-mail correspondence with Rich.

I had cookies enabled, Rich, and I have Baileys in my list of trusted sites with the securities setting set to medium. I do use some custom settings.  I have ActiveX Controls set to prompt.  I don't recalled being prompted while I was in your site.   I've placed orders with other online stores with the same settings with no problem.

The results were inconsistant when I tried the order process.
On some attempts I could only add one item to the cart.  On a couple of tries I was able to add all of the items (7) to the shopping cart but the cart was empty when I got to the check-out page. I tried again yesterday out of curosity ( I sent my order by snail mail Saturday) and the process seemed to work OK.  Only problem I had was that the size on a couple of boxes of files I entered on the order kept getting dropped.  Each time I returned to the cart the item would be there, but would say "no size selected" 

Anyway, it looks as though I'll be able to place future orders online.

Thanks,

Stew Kepler

Thanks Stew,
They have been making upagrades to our server recently, I'll check and see if there may have been a glitch.
Take care,
Rich

I just got the 2006 catalog in the mail today, Sam.  I've started a list for my next order. 

Jeff

Well, we know it was'nt a glitch because Kevin and I tested it out.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

I have had simular unexplained cookie problems in the past. IE and it's bugs..... :(

After you change settings to allow cookies you should clear your cache and tempoary internet files, then reboot. Has worked for me.

Tools/Internet options/delete cookies & temp internet files
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

beenthere

I have a pop-up blocker that can, on some sites, keep me from getting in. It makes a sound when it activates, and that is the only way I found out what it was. Just have to disable it, as I did last night when dear wife couldn't get into her HealthCare records account.  I finally asked her what she was trying to do that was making that noise for pop-up blockers and then found out.  May or may not be what the problem is.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

iain

Try removing the cookie from the edit section of

tools / options / privacy / edit

right click / remove the baileys if its there

you may have blocked it on an earlier visit

the next time you visit the store you will be prompted again

iain

Woodcarver

As I indicated in my e-mail, Jeff, it worked for me too the last time I tried it--without any change in settings. Whatever the problem was it seems to be gone.

Thank You Sponsors!