iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

red max chainsaw

Started by crd1957, January 07, 2010, 11:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crd1957

anyone know any thing about red max saws. repaird carb on a small one yesterday.saw ran strong and little vibration.plastic cover seemed a little cheap.first red max i ever handled
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

Cut4fun

I have a 5000 and  ran the 3800. Old school style, but both run great woods ported.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

49cc Redmax that was ported for limbing, but has held it's own at the GTG's in bucking up cookies too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIt59nKO9J8

crd1957

looka like a red max has some rpm like i said ive only seen one red max in person theres a dealer about 80 miles from here. next time i go there ill stop and look.only saws sold localy are stihl,husq,and walmart,sears,homedepot,lowes poulan and poulan clones
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

sawguy21

Usqvarna owns them now, it will be interesting to see what they do with the brand. They make excellent brush cutters, I have no experience with the saws. Few dealers because the factory would not support the distributors.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

des170stihl

There a few Red Max dealers around here but they don,t have a very big selection. They tend more to the Red Max weed eaters than the saws.
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

ladylake

Husky bought Redmax for thier strato engines, I think we'll be seeing some Redmax copies showing up as Huskys in the smaller cc saws.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ehp

I know at one of our GTG's Jerod brought a brandnew still in the box 621 redmax and Russ brought his 361 stihl , guess which one was the fastest in a nice size hardwood block, yep the 621

ladylake

That's what I would have guessed, last time I ran a MS360 it was totally unimpressive.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

peppone

red max is another name for zenoah and it's owned now by elettrolux.
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Thank You Sponsors!