iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ready for Monday morning Sawing. Local Historic Village needs a bridge and going

Started by just_sawing, September 21, 2013, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

Just got a Load of Sassafras that were going to saw 2X12 planking for a bridge.
Cannonsburg Village is replacing their lumber on a Footbrige and have decided that Sass would work

You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This will be a rewarding job. Just think of the people that will be crossing the bridge that was sawn by you and your mill!

Good-Luck.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Definitely a rewarding job,  and some real nice looking logs, of the ones I have sawn, I had to deal with some bowed ones,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Axe Handle Hound

This will be an interesting project.  Please post more pictures as it progresses! 

I would love to get my hands on some sassafras lumber, but it doesn't grow in this region.

kderby

Who named a tree Sassafras?  I don't think I have ever even seen one.  Thanks for the pictures.

I admit my ignorance. I have never been in the South.  Y'all talk about Pecan, grits ::) and SYP.  It is like you are from a different planet! 8).  Go easy on me, this comment is coming from a guy in OREGON. :D :D :D :D I think they stop some of this stuff (grits :o)at the border.

Kderby

just_sawing

Build a gate out of it and twenty years from now it will still be serviceable
Filie the spice in gumbo is the leaves from the tree
It looks like a roses ash with finished and is fairly light.
Will not do in the ground though.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

thecfarm

kderby,Grits gets stopped at Kittery here too.  ;D  I've been to SC for a few days. I snuck in for a few days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on September 22, 2013, 07:43:19 PM
kderby,Grits gets stopped at Kittery here too.  ;D  I've been to SC for a few days. I snuck in for a few days.

Ray....You in S.C.?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Only for a few days,maybe about 3 days about 10-12 years ago. I high tailed back to the North.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!