iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plans changed

Started by lopet, August 09, 2015, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

Lopet,
I keep looking at the pic's and for the first time ever I've considered trading Beatrice ( my 330 TJ ) in. That looks like the most versatile unit I've seen in a long time. I run the 401 from Northern Ont to my corp office in Ann Arbor Michigan quite often, so if you're ever offering tours of that sweetheart, I'm in !!!!
At any rate, it looks like a great unit and I wish you nothing but success with it !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

lopet

Thanks deerguy

I do firewood only and deal with a lot of small diameter stuff and wanted something to make things easier. The dual drum remote controlled winch is very helpful and so is the grapple boom.
It's a little early to say how " Junior " will perform, but I am just happy if I don't run into big repair bills and hope, I didn't open another can of worms.

If I had to do it again, I probably would just buy a winch and/or grapple and mount it on a north american made skidder. Winch drive is mechanical and the controls are electric over hydraulic. No computers. 8) 
Looking forward to kiss my Can Car 20 good by. :D :D   And now as I have two skidders I can always work on one.  ;D  That took quite a bit convincing.

If you are ever in the neighborhood and like to check it out, just pm me,  but I only log 2-3 months per year.  Right now " junior " is parked  while I am getting the Mr's new laundry room finished.   
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

thecfarm

There,glad it all worked out for ya.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!