iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Open House - Mt. Vernon, MO. April 12, 2008

Started by Bibbyman, March 18, 2008, 07:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Looks like Wood-Mizer is having a bunch of open house events on April 12 of 2008. 

Seems like it will be a bit early but maybe that will work out better than the summer months.

Mary and I are already talking about attending.  Hope to see y-all there!  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Just TWO MORE WEEKS! I can hardly wait.   8)

This will be our first outing of the year.  It's been a long winter.

We're saving our blades up to take to Re-Sharp and making a list of items we need to stock up on while we're there.  The savings in shipping charges helps offset the cost of the trip.
Sawing since '94

RMay

Sam and I are planing on going up on Friday Hope to see y-all there! ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

We're already collecting up stiff to take and have a list of things we'll need.  We replaced the switch for the dragback yesterday morning so we'll get a spare one.

A couple of other Forum members have sent me an IM saying they're likely to be there.  So come on down!  Or up.  Or from wherever.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

LeeB, LBJ and I will be headed up Saturday morning.  Will have a load of blades to haul up and some to bring back.  Weather looks good if they do not blow away this afternoon.  Looked like a Nater up there this morning.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

We went down on Friday to drop off blades and to lend a hand setting up.  Here Mary is giving instructions to Dave Mann,  Will Baugh and Greg Beire of WM on how to assemble an outfeed table.

Despite the blustery day, there was quite a few showed up for the open house. This LT15 was the first to demo.

There was a good crowd to watch Will Baugh saw a dry walnut log with an LT40 Super. Greg Beire is there to offbear.  About half the crowd was inside the building at any one point in time due to the high wind and cold.

Mary tells Arky, LeeB and Tom all about the design features of the LT50.

There was a lot of interest in the new wireless remote. Here Greg Beire runs the new LT50.

Mary instructs Greg Beire in the proper use if the wireless remote. 
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Bibbyman on April 12, 2008, 06:55:17 PM

Prosawyer Mary: "So with this new remote, Bibbyman can saw and offbear all by himself, right?"

Greg Beire: "Yes, that's right, but you didn't hear it from me!"

:D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ARKANSAWYER

Mary also asked if the remote could be used on the wheel loader so Bibbyman could load the log deck and remove slabs while sawing and offbearing.  I think they are working on that.
ARKANSAWYER

Bro. Noble

I'll bet old Bibb would get more done if he could use that remote from the dinner table or his recliner :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

While you're at it,  ad a little TV screen and ear plugs and the ability to receive a remote signal from a satellite dish so I can watch Gene Autry while sawing. :D
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

I am afraid that the TV screen would distract you to much and you might cut something that does not need cutting.  Mary is just trying to get more sawing done with less people.
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

I thought someone would pick up on the notion that Mary likes to take charge of things.

BTW,   Dave Mann of Wood-Mizer (many people know him) is a new, for the first time, grandpa.  But he's not very good at it.  He didn't even have a single picture.  You'd expect him to have made a video or something.  :D
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

Arky, did you bring your pet possum all the way to the pigroast? ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ARKANSAWYER

I brought that up to flavor the grits with but Jeff did not have any grits.  No wonder so many Yankees move down south.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!