iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Warriors

Started by Raider Bill, May 21, 2008, 06:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

A Old friend who is a retired Command Sgt Major, just sent me this. Seems with Memorial day coming up it's appropiate.

http://www.warriorsthefilm.com/Movie.html

Take a moment to think about our fallen Brother and Sister's this weekend while you party.

Thanks Vets!
Welcome home!

Raider Bill
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

deeker

After watching it, I believe my son is in the video.  I am going to check on in the morning.  He was a sawunner in 2/4 in Iraq from Oct. '06 to Apr. '07.  Glad he is back.  Always enjoy stuff like that.
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Raider Bill

Did you notice the one MArines bionic eye? Pretty amazing what they are doing now.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

deeker

I did notice, I wonder if he can see with it.  The initial damage to the optical nerve would be the big question.  My brother on leave in 1968, taxi accident on his way to Washington DC for some guard thing with the president.  Lost his right eye, and required several plates in his head.  He wears a glass eye.  He was retired with 100% disability at 23yrs old.  One tour in Vietnam without a scratch and in an accident stateside.  My audio portion of the video is not working.  Windows vista.  Love it.  Not!!
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Raider Bill

The eye seemed to be tracking as he turned his head. Remember the Six Million Dollar Man? I don't think they are that far away from that now.
Was at the VA last week and saw some Iraq guys with some pretty high tech Prostetics. Doesn't make up for what they lost but better than it used to be.

Another friend works at the VA he says the biggest change about this war as opposed to Vietnam is the level of treatment wounded recieve on the battlefield. The golden hour they call it. Our Medics are able to perform advanced life support almost in the field.

Thank You Sponsors!