iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

I dont think we will see any accumulation to speak of.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

Was 60F here today, but sprinkles arrived by the end of the work day. I measured off various chunks of land that totalled about 52 acres today and also ran parallel lines through it all, about 135 feet apart. Got my exercise today, walked over 6 miles in the bush. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 20, 2021, 07:08:43 PM
Was 60F here today, but sprinkles arrived by the end of the work day. I measured off various chunks of land that totalled about 52 acres today and also ran parallel lines through it all, about 135 feet apart. Got my exercise today, walked over 6 miles in the bush. ;D
And no ticks??
A1

chevytaHOE5674

More snow today and a high of 26°, down to 22° now. 

thecfarm

Sun was out yesterday, all day!! We need rain!! Have something coming in on Thursday, but I don't think it will help a lot on the water part.
Yes on the ticks. I found 2 on me all ready. About 10 years ago if I found 2 all summer that was a lot for me.
The one day that I found one on me, I was not even out in the woods. Just stayed around the house raking leaves and getting the garden ready.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

C farm, i in total had 4 ON me yesterday(not even In the woods), I seen more on my water jug, shovel handle, rake etc, they must be desperate, literally waving their front arms up trying to latch to anything. I hate ticks. I go out of my way to kill every one I see. Have had hundreds on me over years only 1 bite.
A1

HemlockKing

Suppose to get rain/snow tomorrow :-[, yet today we will hit 70 and sunny. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Quote from: HemlockKing on April 20, 2021, 07:22:31 PM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 20, 2021, 07:08:43 PM
And no ticks??
No, we don't have those of any kind in my area. When I was down around Bridgewater, NS that area had wood ticks by the coffee can. ;D Never seen a deer tick ever here, and maybe 2 wood ticks in another area that I figure was on dead moose because I walked by a dead moose each time.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Rain and snow mix today at home and then turned mostly to rain. Out in the bush everything was turning white by 10:00 am. I had enough of cold wet by them and came home. If I was cutting I would work all day, but hands get cold when tying ribbons and run'n GPS. Not making as much steam. ;)

Don P

We worked in a mix today. Apples are in full bloom and its clear and dropping. Sad to say but I think they'll lose this years crop tonight. "Dogwood winter"

SwampDonkey

Rain here for today, barely above freezing at 33F.

I lost my fruit crop last spring when we had 90's in May and then 3 killing frosts June 1st-3rd. My little plums were covered in blooms, only got 3 that survived the frost. :'( Had lots of bees here even the farmed ones and no one in my neighborhood has bees.

A little consolation, red bells beginning to bloom. :)

thecfarm

I have 30° here now, with a temps in the high 30 later. The ground is just about white. Had some hard rain yesterday, which should help some with the dry conditions, but need more.
I do likes the looks of those peppers!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Temps dropped here this morning, some snow falling now. ::)

HemlockKing

No snow here yet  :). Temps are falling though and it's currently on off drizzle. 
A1

thecfarm

Winter is back!!!
Well the temp feels like it is.  :o
32° and the wind is a blowing!!!
Temps like this will keep the black flies at bay for at least another day.

SwampDonkey

28F here this morning and that north wind. Nothing falling from the sky right now, but hold that thought......"sun and warm". :D :D

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on April 22, 2021, 06:56:19 PM
Winter is back!!!
Well the temp feels like it is.  :o
32° and the wind is a blowing!!!
Temps like this will keep the black flies at bay for at least another day.
Black flies and skeeters were out here a couple days ago, that realization involved some cussing, I really hate bugs, they fly around your head and annoy you(deer flies REALL tick me off). Pretty soon I'll be inhaling black flies because right around early may is when they just come out of nowhere and are HUNGRY.
A1

HemlockKing

We had snow/ pellets/ rain sun and it was super windy yesterday. Still around 32-34 this morning 
A1

Don P

Wow, we're colder than you this morn, 29 a few minutes ago. Heading up to near Whitetop Mt, we jokingly call it "going to Canada"  :D.

thecfarm

Sun is out!! Still some wind. 34°

woodroe

Wind blowing again, hard enough to keep me out of the woods. 
!30 mph gust up 6000' on Mt Washington about 6AM.
Sunny and warmer though. 
Picked up another inch of rain couple days back.
A few Blackflies are visible but not blood thirsty yet.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

HemlockKing

Quote from: woodroe on April 23, 2021, 04:21:26 PM
Wind blowing again, hard enough to keep me out of the woods.
!30 mph gust up 6000' on Mt Washington about 6AM.
Sunny and warmer though.
Picked up another inch of rain couple days back.
A few Blackflies are visible but not blood thirsty yet.
Wind is CRAZY here, I'm out doing yard work and right in front of my path I was walking a perfectly nice tree uprooted....had I been 100 feet further along.... makes ya think how quick things can go wrong 
A1

SwampDonkey

Last fall when we had the rain and lots of wind, I looked up in the white pines I was thinning under and seen them long limbs flailing around, I packed her in. :o

45 F this afternoon on the porch. Sunny here now as it's been clearing since 5:00 pm. But it was cold out on the ridge where I was, might have been 34 for high, wind, snow on the trees, 4" on the ground. Should be gone tomorrow, suppose to reach 55F or so. Gotta be mindful of dead maple, some broke off 10-15' up and lodged, leaning away from the line, but never know if they will come straight down or slide out into the block. Never seen it happen, but nothing stopping it.  :-X

HemlockKing

Calling for around 68 here today but always gets hotter where I am inland, not a cloud in the sky. Black flies are out and hungry and I'm not happy about that 
A1

SwampDonkey

No sign of a fly here, except house flies on the house siding and porch screens. :D

The porch here says 60F, but I don't think it was more than 50F out on the Ridge, the snow out there is pretty much melted and the road was dry on the drive home. That snow is cold when it's still hanging on the firs and melting. :D :D fire_smiley I had my brawny weight Big Bill cotton shirt on for sure in that wind. The rain gear had to come off by 10:00 am though. ;D

Turkeys are going at it here early in the morning. Saw one deer, 2 moose (cow with yearling), 1 partridge,  1 turkey. Lots of coyote tracks in the snow. They walked all over 80 acres of ground in the plantation I worked in. Tracks going in all directions. Probably looking for a grouse or rabbit for dinner. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!