iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 371XP

Started by deerguy, April 27, 2021, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

Well folks, it's a sad, sad day in Northern Ontario  :(.... just got word that my 371 that blew up cutting ice this winter is pooched beyond repair. Parts pricing came back at over $650 and that's just too much to spend on the old fella.
I'll be shopping for a new saw in the same size range and definitely a professional series.....any feedback on the good and the bad much appreciated !!

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Tacotodd

It looks like you can once again by something extremely similar in a 372XP but in a X-Tork variety, but good luck in finding it "on the shelf" at a dealer right now. It's a highly sought after model because it's of 372 variety. After all, Husqvarna stopped making a 371/372 about 4 times now only to come back with it because of customers demanding it. It's still a manual adjustment carb as well.

If you want a auto adjusted carb you need a 572. I think that you'll be happy with it either way that you decide.

BTW, you put up what's left of the 371 on our forum and someone will gladly buy it!😃 It's that much sought after.
Trying harder everyday.

deerguy

Thanks for the info Tacotodd....I missed a 372XP by a day, you're right they don't last long. Luckily I have a Rancher and a couple of old 61's that still run like champs so I can wait to find the right saw. I will stay away from the auto adjusted if possible.
I never considered selling parts at all but I am big on helping others so if anyone wants to make a small donation to a charity or a food bank ( nothing major ) I would happily ship them the parts collect but at no charge !! 

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!