iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aluminum Boat "Sea Trials" 2020

Started by weimedog, April 02, 2020, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

sawguy21

8) A little cool on the lake but hey, you got out and that's what counts. I notice you brought ballast for the bow so you can see where you are going. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Skip

Bandmill Bandit

My son is a bit on the crazy side. His wife says hes like me and his 6 year old son is following the same trail too. He took this picture on February 24th on Kalum Lake and a week later was on one of the Inlets off Pacific coast about a half hour from his house in Terrace.

Id rather be on a sled when you gota dress like that to go boating. Gota admit it is pretty though.  

Kioiya Bay on March 16th with Jaxon and cousins.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Ljohnsaw

You're lucky you can get out on the water.  They closed all the state parks out here because people were standing too close together in them.  So now, can't launch a boat and it is peak trout time!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Bandmill Bandit

These aren't provincial parks although there are parks on these water ways. It's logging roads/trails to get to the places he goes. He doesn't like share the water ways when he's out there. He likes to get in where the rivers dump in and go up river as far as possible if possible. 

He's saving for a Solar 470 https://jetechinflatables.com/ and he is building a 40HP Johnson/Evinrude with a jet. Has picked up 4 or 5 early 90s models and a 2004 for next to nothing. I don't think he has more than $200 in any of them and has 2 pumps too. Got one of those for free with a motor cause it wouldn't turn.    

He spent too much time with his Dad in the shop. Why buy it when you can gett em for near nothing and there are hundreds owned by people that have no idea how to turn a screw drive to even start to work on them and shop rates for marine related stuff is 150 to 175 an hour. The one that had the pump on it was jammed with pebble size gravel with very minimal damage. I think the engine is basically new. Took us about 1.5 hrs to get tuned up and polished back to good shape. Started on the second pull too.  

I just asked him and he said he has enough parts to assemble 5 complete 25 to 40 HP johnson/eninrude engines 1992 up 2004. 3 short leg and 2 long leg, and then he's short bottom gear box on 2 others that are complete as far as he knows. At this point he has about a dozen carbs and 10 or 12 props.

Total invested is about $600 bucks plus gas to get them home plus his labor to get running. Only new parts so far are plugs, fuel filters and new gear oil. Circulation pumps have all been good so far.

Said he has 2 sold for 2500 each. 1 ready to go and 1 needs plugs and barrel test.            

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

weimedog

This summer, god willing; will be building a couple of old Mercury inline 6's. Have a 90, 95, 115, and 125 in the garage. All have good compression. One is a runner the other should be. And the older ones are ignition / wiring projects. Have two boats, a checkmate and an old Chrysler Conqueror to put them on. The Checkmate has a 136 v6 on it now, need to tone it back a bit for the size lake it will be in.. :) LOTS of fun hopefully 
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Skip

Outboards, chainsaws, you da man ! ;D

caveman

Quote from: weimedog on April 03, 2020, 11:44:00 PMMercury inline 6's.
Tower of Power.  I had a Mercury... once. The wiring on them was self destructing/disintegrating.  A good friend of mine, who passed away about four years ago, used to be a test boat driver/pilot for them down near Placida, Fl.  Years ago, OMC outboards ruled the saltwater world.  One would see 50 Johnsons or Evinrudes leave the inlet/pass to one Mercury.  That is not the case anymore (Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Tahatsu, Mercury, etc).  Those old Mercurys were screamers.
Caveman

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

petefrom bearswamp

thats what I thought Bill,looks like Skaneateles
Skaneateles Lake is about 3 miles from me by road.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

Skaneateles is the one I was thinking of myself.
Spent a lot of time on and under that lake.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sawguy21

I like boats and outboards, lots of places to play with them around here. I want a 14' aluminum with a 15 to fish the larger lakes. As BB said they are plentiful, so many sitting unused either because they leak, don't run or the owner has too many other obligations.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sidehill6

the boat launch down by the Glen Haven maybe?

Thank You Sponsors!