iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 355t oil pump repair question

Started by caveman, August 23, 2020, 10:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman

We have a top handle echo 355t saw that has seen very little use, probably less than ten tanks of fuel have been run through it. Taking it back to the store is not an option as John and I were given this saw after helping his neighbor take down a large, troublesome oak in his yard.

I used the saw at school/work last week to trim a few trees. It quit oiling while running the second tank of fuel. Yesterday I dumped the bar oil and filled the oil tank with diesel (to clean it out) and it still would not pump. I disconnected the oil supply line from the pump and blew air through the tube into the tank with my mouth. Liquid flowed out of the oil tank through the tube.

Is there a way to repair the oil pump or should we just spend $50 and buy a new one?

As a side note. For a 35cc saw this thing has good power. Yesterday, after a slight modification to the muffler and enriching the high speed jet it would pull the chain on a 14" bar pretty well in hickory.
Caveman

caveman

Is there a way to repair the oil pump or should we just spend $50 and buy a new one?
Next question.  I found a replacement for much less money on Amazon.  Do any of you have advice on aftermarket oil pumps?
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!