iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

592XP and 585 Huskys

Started by Spike60, January 09, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike60

I guess I can talk about these things now.  8)

592XP product codes showed up this week and went "live" in the system. Nothing is available to ship until July 26, so they are months away at this point. If they are on time, and hardly anything is these days. Between the XP and XPG models there are an awful lot of SKU's for the different B&C combos. Price increase over like equiped 395's is a pretty reasonable $60. Not bad at all, and less than I expected.  :)

There is also a companion "5" model coming, a 585 priced $100 less than the 592. Figure the same concept as the 365/372, 565/572, 555/562. Not sure how well that will do. I sell a fair amount of 565's because they slot in between the 562 and 572. And most 565 buyers are stepping up from the 562, not down from the 572. But a $100 swing when you're up past the $1000 mark isn't a big deal.

I've had a couple of pre-production 592G's for a while now, for logger testing. Need to get a green light from Sweden, but maybe Walt and I can do a video with one of them.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

dnash

Are you able to share any info in regards to weight and power rating?
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

Tacotodd

That's going to be a very good seller!

Finally there will be something to keep up with a Stihl MS661CM.

We shall see how it goes!
Trying harder everyday.

Spike60

Quote from: dnash on January 09, 2021, 07:50:21 AM
Are you able to share any info in regards to weight and power rating?
I honestly don't know the stats. Mine are G models and they feel about the same weight as the 395. Power is supposed to exceed the 395.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Dave Shepard

I've been wondering when they were going to update the 395 class saw. It's basically the only saw I run these days. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Real1shepherd

I'm very anxious to hear and see this pro saw perform. I'm hearing bad things about quality control and present Swedish saws. If Husky can't make a blow-out saw for a little over a grand, then they're going to give it all away to Stihl. That would be a tragedy.

Kevin

weimedog

Looking forward to spending time with one of those. Always find it interesting how the spec sheet defines the discussion vs. the performance and life with a saw over time. But I understand how that a spec sheet is the first point of contact and folks love to compare numbers. It's simple. I'll get one regardless. Might go for the lower number to be contrarian :)
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

ehp

I was hoping the power of the 395 in the weight of a 346 in stock form 

sawguy21

Now wouldn't that be nice. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

weimedog

All that for the price of the 346 too.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Tacotodd

Well, I guess that if we're going to ask for the world that we're going to have to ask for the moon as well 😁
Trying harder everyday.

ehp

well Spike said this new saw is real good so I'm sure it is and to have the heated model already out thats good news , I'm sure he will have them a long time before we see anything on this side of the border but as soon as they are hear we will be playing with the 592 

celliott

I'll start pinching my pennies lol 
Real happy with my 572xpg. Sold my 395 for my mill, have a 394 to build but I really like these new auto tune saws.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

ehp

here a 572 is quite abit cheaper than a stihl 462 , lots can be bought for a grand our money where a 462 is 1200 plus tax so hope the 592 is not that much more

Spike60

Chris, ya don't know how nice it is to hear someome say they like the auto-tune saws. So many guys who have no clue what it is, blame everything that happens to the saw on the AT. That includes half of the dealers out there, both Husky and Stihl, who are either intimidated or ignorant of all this new technology. Had a guy in the other day with a 2012 562 that lost the PTO bearing. "I'm not buying anymore of these auto-tune saws."  Perception is reality to some guys; nothing I can do about it. :)

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

When given the choice, I'm going with the auto tune saws. Every new technology has some hiccups. I'm sure glad I'm not out turning screws on a a carburetor on my wife's rig because it's not running quite right in the cold🤷🏽‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Real1shepherd

As a friend pointed out, software upgrades and resets should remain reasonable for the life of the saw. Prices for that now are all over the place as dealers explore this newer technology.

Kevin

Tacotodd

Unfortunately Kevin, even lots of seasoned dealers don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm just now getting my favorite local Husqvarna dealer to at least hear my FF learned opinions about quite a few things! I never knew what a difficult time my teachers, when I was growing up, had doing they're job.

I FEEL FOR THE GOOD ONES !!!!

Their not many (if any) left at all!

Teachers OR Dealers!
Trying harder everyday.

celliott

I've got two 2260's (favorite saw ever) a 550, and the 572. They've always been flawless. 
Yeah a crank bearing is entirely auto tune's fault 🙄 
I bet you see a lot less saws that have had the carbs messed with and burned up and not running right. Someone with no clue and a screwdriver can make a mess quick.

I've also not had hot start issues. Follow the procedure and it's fine. 
I run the crap out of those 2260's. Wish husky made the 560 available in the states. 
I still have a bunch of old 372 and 2171 stuff I'll hang onto forever.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Real1shepherd

Quote from: celliott on January 10, 2021, 11:31:51 AM
I’ve got two 2260’s (favorite saw ever) a 550, and the 572. They’ve always been flawless.
Yeah a crank bearing is entirely auto tune’s fault  
I bet you see a lot less saws that have had the carbs messed with and burned up and not running right. Someone with no clue and a screwdriver can make a mess quick.

I’ve also not had hot start issues. Follow the procedure and it’s fine.
I run the crap out of those 2260’s. Wish husky made the 560 available in the states.
I still have a bunch of old 372 and 2171 stuff I’ll hang onto forever.
Very valid point. Been piles of saws ruined by owners with air leaks or tuning too lean. If anything, auto-tune will aid to the elimination of that scenario. And logically, if the system is bullet-proof and has longevity, it will make saws last longer. Maybe even affect resale value in positive ways.....we'll see.

I'm an old guy and run 'antique' saws and yet I'm fascinated with the concept of auto-tune. If I was looking for a new, large cc powerful saw, I'd be looking at that feature.

Kevin

ehp

I have not seen any problems with the autotune , the 572 is every bit as good as the stihl 462 and some will not agree with me but the 2 of the 572's I had I honestly felt made a bit more torque than the 462 

snobdds

I just saw the official release video from Husqvarna for the 592 and 585.   I would post it here, but it seems like that is a big no go here. Just go to the Husky youtube channel.

The 585 seems to be non autotune and fully adjustable carb.  The 592 is gen III autotune, I don't know much about the gen III, hope it better than the prior versions.

I think the forrest service is not buying any type of auto tune or mtronic saws.  They have had too many hot start problems, and fires lines are hot.  That is why Stihl had to make a 661 in non mtronic and the 585 seems to be the main competitor for that saw.

I'm not a husky guy, but they look to be solid saws.

Real1shepherd

Squeal had the well known issue with the gas gap release spraying fuel onto forest fire fighters. For yrs the fire fighters would not buy Stihl saws.

I don't know how you recover from over-engineered stupidly like that, but apparently they have if forest fire fighters are buying Stihl again.

Kevin

Spike60

Also, some of these saws go to markets where they may not even have electricity, let alone computers to plug them into. Despite the "green" images that both companies like to project to the EU and North American markets, they both still build older saws where the regulations allow them to still be sold. Husky is still building original 372's, 272's and 288's in Brazil and Stihl also builds some old models somewhere.

Yes, I'd love to be able to order from the Brazil warehouse. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Tacotodd

Quote from: snobdds on June 23, 2021, 01:41:38 PM
I just saw the official release video from Husqvarna for the 592 and 585.   I would post it here, but it seems like that is a big no go here. Just go to the Husky youtube channel.

The 585 seems to be non autotune and fully adjustable carb.  The 592 is gen III autotune, I don't know much about the gen III, hope it better than the prior versions.

I think the forrest service is not buying any type of auto tune or mtronic saws.  They have had too many hot start problems, and fires lines are hot.  That is why Stihl had to make a 661 in non mtronic and the 585 seems to be the main competitor for that saw.

I'm not a husky guy, but they look to be solid saws.

Regarding the 585, wouldn't it be a 385 as opposed to the a 585? I thought that all 5 series were autotune.
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!