iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Husqvarna 372xp (Non X-Torq)

Started by Koot Kraftsman, March 20, 2021, 11:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koot Kraftsman

Hello all,

On eBay, there is a guy selling a NOS 2018, 372xp non-torq.

My first thought was that it was a knock-off or he meant to say 2008 but I messaged the guy and he said Husqvarna still makes the original 372 for other countries that don't have the EPA regs the US has.  Is this true?  

Everything looks correct from what I can see in the photos and the box it comes in even says 2018 with correct husqvarna branding and everything.  If Husqvarna does indeed still make and sell them to other countries, is there a difference between those and the ones sold here in the US back in the day? 

I messaged Husqvarna but have not heard back from them yet.  It would be pretty sweet to have a new 372xp non-xt but I'm cautious for obvious reasons.  What year did they stop selling the original non XT to the US 2008 right?

Thanks
Darrell

Koot Kraftsman

The price is marked at $999.99 (obo)

I contacted Husqvarna and they validated the model and serial number for me as legit numbers and they also said that they made them for other countries after they stopped selling them to the USA but that they discontinued the model altogether in 2018-19 (I think that's what he said), he said the numbers were towards the end of the non-XT model years.

If it is in fact a NOS 372xp I feel the price isn't so bad and I'd feel like an idiot for not buying it... especially considering what something like that will be worth in the future knowing the history and reputation of the saw and it's not far from what they sold for back when they were sold here.

Then again, if the saw turns out to be something other than what it is suppose to be, I'd feel like a bigger idiot.

If they were made for a different country it has me wondering if there were any parts variances.  

I was thinking about making an offer but it turns out he has an offer pending... He hasn't replied to my "how much is the other guy offering" question yet.  I could just toss it in my cart though and buy it for the buy it now price.

What are you all's thoughts?

Real1shepherd

I'm not so sure any of today's saws will pose as a good investment for future collector high prices. And if so, that won't play out fully for a few decades yet.....and the model has to disappear from production as well. Husky had promised to bring back production of the 372.

If you can get a legitimate non-EPA 372 at a decent price, I'd go for it.

Kevin

5000+

Low top, 365 type cover and filter?  That's how the non Us models are.

Spike60

It is still being made in Brazil, so the dates are not a problem. It should say made in Brazil on the label on the box, and the serial number tag. It was discontinued well before 2018 in the US though I'm not sure how long it stayed on the Canadian market. @ehp ; Ed? Otherwise, I along with everyone else would have continued to order them. Once the XT's came out back in 2010, that was it for the originals.

Buying it cause you want it is OK, but I think it's a waste to buy it as an investment. As Kevin said, they are still makiing them, and will for quite a while yet. I stashed away a 372XPW and a 2171 before they went away as part of some irrational collector thinking, but that's part of the hobby, right? My guess is that at best, they'd be worth $100-$200 more than the still available XT, which lines up with that guys asking price. I'm not expecting them to go up in value. The only way they'd "make money" is to run them doing tree work or sell some firewood. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

Spike  I have not seen a non x torque in my area in a long time and I mean a long time  . We have been x torque in my area at a guess I'm thinking 10 years . It might even be more than that

Guydreads

If that's not brand new I personally wouldn't get it. It wasn't clearly stated whether it is or not just assuming that it might not be.

Koot Kraftsman

Quote from: Guydreads on March 23, 2021, 03:31:43 AM
If that's not brand new I personally wouldn't get it. It wasn't clearly stated whether it is or not just assuming that it might not be.
Yes, brand new in box with manuals, tools, etc. (powerhead only).  He worked out a deal with someone else on that saw but says two more were shipped his way 2 days ago.  
My chainsaw experience has been mostly with McCulloch and Stihl, not much trigger time or wrench time on a Husqvarna, but have had my eye on a 372 for some time now as my main felling saw. 
For the Husqvarna guru's out there... if you had the opportunity to buy a brand new 372XP (non-XT) or a brand new current 372XP-XT, which one would you choose AND WHY? I'd like to hear from those that have experienced both.

Tacotodd

MY vote would be XT and here is why, current in stock at shops parts available!
That means bunches! My customers used to call quite frequently and ask for "price and availability". In store usually made the difference.
Trying harder everyday.

Koot Kraftsman

That does make a lot of sense, are parts for the non-XT getting harder to find or are the parts just not kept in stock at the saw shops as much anymore because it's not the current model?  

And what about the 572?  Personally I think they are hideous but the wood doesn't care what your saw looks like so...  

Would like to hear opinions from those who have owned and operated both or even better, all three, and if you showed up to a job and your boss told you to "grab one of the saws and cut down those snags over there" as he points to a his truck which has all three saw on it, which one gets to go to the show? 

Thank You Sponsors!