iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huztl buyer beware

Started by steele109, August 26, 2021, 09:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steele109

Hi just wanted to rant a bit.I bought a 372 big bore kit from huztl.It came with the wrong rings. The piston had 1.2 mm grooves and they sent 1.5 mm rings.When I contacted them they offered 1.00 dollar in points for there mistake.Customer seviceless what a joke.I was going to use cabers, but that is not the point.I have gone mostly oem anyway, now I will have to man up and start paying big boy prices for every thing.Sorry if I bored anyone just wanted people to know what to expect when you buy from huztl.

sawguy21

As with most things in life we get what we pay for. Buy once cry once.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

donbj

Quote from: sawguy21 on August 26, 2021, 10:24:05 PMAs with most things in life we get what we pay for. Buy once cry once

That and you're supporting hacked technology. The only money these outfits "invest" in their product is to copy the R+D that the original producer spent millions to produce what they copy. Support legitimate companies.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

HemlockKing

Yeah screw them shady offshore leaches. They sell you parts that hold together long enough for you to assemble then it’s done. modern warfare at play here.
A1

steele109

Hi just wanted to give a update they offered to send a new set of rings after I rejected there dollar offer.Everybody knows it's stolen technology, but the truth be told these major companies have handed there technology to them.These companies send designs to them so they can make parts for them.Anybody who thinks that there stuff they buy doesn't have chinese parts in them are wrong.I don't like the fact they take from us anymore than than anyone else, but it is to late to worry about it now.They have fully infiltrated all society around the world.Most people would be shock to find out what they use on a daily basis that is made in china.Case in point Mahle most everybody thinks everything with mahle writin on it is made in germany WRONG.There is a mahle plant in Morristown  Tn that makes cylinders pistons and connecting rods.I know this for a fact because I worked for a company that used to be in my town assured castings. We subbed work from mahle when we were slow,I have hung thousands of connecting rods in the blast cabinets.In todays world corporate ethics is out the window.Just because it has us or germany on it means nothing.IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE.

Spike60

You sound convinced, but you're not very convincing.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

HemlockKing

Well if I had to buy off shore parts it would be anywhere but China.
I have bought offshore parts from Taiwan and Bangladesh and while of the same quality at least you aren’t helping our enemy, because any business in China is overseen by their communist/dictatorship  government.
A1

Al_Smith

It doesn't always work that way with a lot of things ,chainsaw parts are just one example .Automobile parts for the most part you have no idea who actually made them .Just because it might say GMC or Ford doesn't tell the entire  story .
Once I ordered a complete gasket set from a Caterpillar dealer for an old D4 .Must have taken a month to get because it came from Japan .Had to wait until they had enough of a back order to make a new batch .
Some things after market are better quality then OEM .For example the "blend door" activator for some Ford products have always had problems .However the "Doorman " reproductions very seldom fail at less then 1/3 the price of OEM .It's just a shame those aftermarket products are not USA made .   

sawguy21

Then strike Taiwan off your list, only a handful of small nations recognize its independence. We don't have a lot of choices in the modern global economy, the cell phone or computer you are using to keep in contact with us was made in China. There are no other choices as no one can compete price wise. Would you pay for an American union made blend door?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

On the specific issue I've used both OEM and after market using for example Meteor pistons and Caber rings but I either use Stihl or Wiseco circlips .It must work because I've never lost a piston so far .My only peeve on Meteor are the fat circlips ,no problem with the Cabers .

HemlockKing

Saw guy, I've gotten Taiwan parts from car quest before, I know our government is scared to recognize them as a nation because it will displease China but we still do business with them
A1

Al_Smith

Although I have no proof but I highly doubt it if the blend doors were made in any kind of a union environment .However judging by OEM dealer prices you might think it came from Rolls -Royce .It was something like $49 .95 opposed to $157 plus $500 to install .I did it in two hours and I 'm just country born and  bred grease monkey .It's not rocket science  ;D

Tom King

I needed to replace a front hub on my truck.  I decided to just get the cheaper Chinese one.

Fortunately, the ten days it lasted was in the warranty period, so I carried it back, and upgraded to the Mexican one.  No trouble with that one for at least two years now.

Al_Smith

ABB formerly ASEA Brown Boveri is a Swiss company and probably makes the  best products of that type in the entire world .I retired about three years ago and worked on many but noticed they were being made in China in the end .So you can't go on just the name any more .
However being a bull headed old die hard I just flat fired Nabisco when they shipped Ritz and Oreos south of the border .Might sound trivial to some but not to me .On the other hand I'm kind of partial for Canadian whiskey if that accounts for anything . ;)  

Mad Professor

I'd have went used OEM with Meteor slug than Chi-Com.  That or new OEM.

Meteor slugs are only ~$35 and clean up your old jug or locate good used. 

steele109

Spike60 did you know that 90% of over the counter drugs come from china.Over 80% of the chemicals used in the us to make medicine comes from china.Lots of us companies do business in china most of them use there own qc to oversee production.Don't get me wrong I am not pro
 china quite the opposite.When I started seeing what all they had there hands in it shocked me.But the people in Washington have sold the sole of America to china, or at least that's my opinion. 

Spike60

Yes, I'm very aware. "They" sold it and you're buying it. Can't escape the fact that in this instance, you are making a choice to do business directly with China. Not "them".  There is nothing benevolent about China. But for a lot of folks, their principles end when it's time to pull out their own wallet. "it's all about the bottom line" can apply to individuals, just like it can to corporations.

This'll probably get out of hand, so if Chet or Jeff think we ought to knock it off, just say so.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

I'm not certain regarding  pistons there might only be one that is US based and that's  Wiseco .Weather they make a direct replacement piston for a chainsaw or not I'm not certain but for an amount of money they would .Very few people however could afford the price though .Those M13 circlips cost me 16 bucks for two go on a stock piston with Caber rings on a p-100 Partner .On the other hand it might run forever so the price would soon be forgotten .

DHansen

Every one will have their own opinion.  And that is their choice.  For me, I look at manufacturer tags.  Many times I will have something in my hands, and put it back on the shelf base alone on where it was manufactured.  I have been burned by inferior manufacturing.  It is not worth wasting your time, let alone support for a competing nation that does not care about infringement of patent rights or products that function safely.

lxskllr

My buying preference starts at my house, and desirability decreases as the radius increases. There's some exceptions, but that generally holds, and China is in last place regardless of distance. I'd like to see South/Central America become bigger players in the US. I think the US manufacturing ship has sailed, and has already been scrapped out in India, so the question is who's gonna make our stuff? If I'm not supporting Americans, I'd rather support our neighbors. Stronger neighbors makes us stronger, and it should help the immigration issue. If life's good down there, why would they want to come here?

DHansen

Lxskllr,  I agree with you.  And buying stuff made in Canada or South America will trump any of those other locations.  I am okay with Norway, Sweden and Germany.  And am open minded for others.  I'm just very anti China.

chet

Quote from: Spike60 on August 27, 2021, 02:15:47 PM
This'll probably get out of hand, so if Chet or Jeff think we ought to knock it off, just say so.  :)
I'll let ya know.  smiley_whip       My biggest gripe is payin' big bucks from a manufacturer for what I was expecting to be an OEM part, only to receive something  in Chicom packaging.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Al_Smith

You really can't always rely on a known brand name to avoid Asian made products .Recent case in point I ordered 20 3/8" chain hooks, Campbell -Hausfeld .Sure enough China . I would find it very unlikely if you could find a common nail that isn't Asian made these days .---and that list is endless .To coin an old saying that train has already left the station .

Thank You Sponsors!