iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yearly? Eye Exam

Started by firefighter ontheside, November 29, 2022, 06:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I finally got in for a visit to get started taking care of my cataracts today. Took several months just to get an appointment for the initial optometrist visit after putting it off for the last 2 years. Beginning of this year my vision blurriness really started to accelerate and it became impossible to drive at night with oncoming headlights becoming giant refracted stars. They scanned my retinas and luckily they have no damage and set me up with a surgeon I am on the waiting list for. Their surgeon is out until Nov to Dec to have it done so I am referred to a big group near Rochester they use that has an opening in 4 to 6 weeks for the initial visit and lens scan. Then another 4 weeks after that to do the first eye with the second 2 weeks later. Was told there is a 98% chance I will no longer need glasses for driving after the procedures, Guess it depends on the initial scan to determine the lens. After having the start of cataracts for a couple years I couldn't believe how fast my vision started going the last couple weeks. Could only identify the letter on the eye test when it was at the largest size with one character on the screen and not much lenses can do now to correct anything. Can't believe how far out doctor appointments for anything are now. Another little thing just happened that may be another side effect related to my Covid vaccine constant problems. My doc said my Thyroid just died after constant rounds of blood tests trying to figure out what's wrong with me. So on meds for that now. Also testing positive for autoimmune problems since the vaccine. They pulled me off Crestor with all my muscle issues and my Cardiologist wants me back on it with the cholesterol zooming but my insurance company drug plan is now denying it because there is a generic. They swapped it out once and the generic stuff crippled me like all the other satins I tried. Tough getting old. But hopefully my eyes will be fixed soon
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

I am in between insurance now. I pay less for some of my meds, then when I had insurance.  ???
I am on an inhaler that I pay $30 for 90 days. 
Just need to ask the pharmacy what can be done.
They never asked for any income or nothing.
The inhaler I've had for a couple years. Was going to cost me $300 a month,  :o  through my insurance. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on May 22, 2023, 09:11:15 PM
I am in between insurance now. I pay less for some of my meds, then when I had insurance.  ???
I am on an inhaler that I pay $30 for 90 days.
Just need to ask the pharmacy what can be done.
They never asked for any income or nothing.
The inhaler I've had for a couple years. Was going to cost me $300 a month,  :o  through my insurance.
When you are stuck only being able to tolerate one name brand drug it's not that easy. Believe me we have tried everything else with severe side effects.  My cardiologist is fighting to have me put on a bi weekly injection of another cholesterol drug that costs almost 4x as much if they won't approve the Crestor and says they can't deny that as a last choice. Also looking into a new drug that works in the water in your body not causing muscles to cramp but that's definitely not covered either. Just stinks how insurance  companies keep switching mail order drug plans and don't go by your doctors orders.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Well had cataract surgery done yesterday and today I have gone from 20 / 200 vision with glasses to 20 / 25 vision without glasses.  Finally know what white is again.  Still some dilation and swelling from the procedure and should be at 20 / 20 soon. What an quick and easy procedure with instant results.  Can't wait to get second one done next month. 

mike_belben

2019 to 2020 i lived in a bigrig 13 months and tried to make a living while covid caused freight rates to drop to nothing,  so i was up around the clock on caffeine and garbage road food.

Ive had a medical card for over a decade and been renewing them at a chiropractors office that is a neighbor i know.  His minions usually do the exam and he signs off but at one renewal he came out himself and said hey man i saw it was you.. and i gotta tell ya, youve got an eye disease.. the amount of vision you lost in the amount of time isnt normal and you need it checked out, any lower and youd fail the test.

I admit i was having a hard time reading road signs by then but just thought it was stress and sleep deprivation. Went to an eye doc, he found nothing.

Long story short i quit carbs and sugar and vision got better than 20/20, the best of my life.  I can explain why now.  Its called the polyol pathway, aka sorbitol pathway.

High enough blood glucose triggers the polyol pathway threshold and aldose reductase converts glucose to sorbitol then sorbitol reductase converts the sorbitol to fructose to burn as fuel. 

Well neither your lens nor retina has the sorbitol reductase enzyme necessary to make that 2nd conversion so the eyes accumulate sorbitol which is hygrosopic, it has an affinity for water which the eye cannot deal with.  My understanding is this is why diabetes and cataracts/detached retina go hand in hand.

My peripheral neuropathy, pounding irregular heart beat, headaches, restless legs, snoring and probably a few other things also all resolved.
Praise The Lord

petefrom bearswamp

Had my cataracts done about 10 years ago.
20 20 since but still need readers.
Also developed a huge floater right away in my left eye which they said would go away over time.
Not so its still there after over a decade.
Glad its not my shooting eye.
I go annually, sooner if I have a problem which I have had to do several times
Oh well I guess a situation due to advancing age.
Dont get on the forum as much as I used to but glad to see a post by Mike Belben
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!