iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Buyer Beware!

Started by Jeff, April 10, 2003, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

New_Sawyer. Ya gotta lighten up, man !!!!!  The rolling eyes and laughing smileys were an attempt at a little humor FOR you, NOT at you. I was merely trying to get you to smile a bit, as you read my post.
  I have nearly 800 posts on this Forum, and I would NEVER be sarcastic toward anyone here. This is the BEST FORUM for Sawmilling on the internet!!

In those nearly 800 posts, I have never been the target of anything sarcastic. I was "informed" once about posting too many new posts on one page. My error.

If you tried to take my post as sarcastic, well, I'm sorry that you took it wrong. The guys on here rag each other all the time. I suggest that you look at things in a new light. Life is too short to be so negative.

Just so you know, I bucked the trend and built a woodmizer type mill from scratch. I have a few "adjustments" to make, but, I could not afford the BIG BUCKS. VERY FEW folks here said I should reconsider building and buy new. After starting the project, I got the best help anyone could ask for. That is why I, along with others, have ASKED YOU to let us know your problems and we would try to help. There was one gentleman that drove for over 3 hours to visit with me and offer suggestions. HOW can you beat that ???????

Like I said in my opening statement, LIGHTEN UP, man !!! ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ohsoloco

Deadheader, you said that this is the best forum for sawmilling on the internet...I think you could leave out the word "sawmilling" and the statement would still be true  :D

8)

Fla._Deadheader

Sir, I stand corrected !!!  :D :D :D :D :D  You betcha !!!
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

MrMoo

Just my $0.02.
I agree this is the best site on the internet it still amazes me as how everyone is so willing to help each other out...I think its great.

I must also agree with what BudMan said. Its not always what you say but how you present it and how you carry yourself when approaching it. As I mentioned before I work in corporate and I can say that this is an important issue in the corporate world.

As far as the machine goes I think this is like all machines everything from a wrench to an automobile has good and bad points you just have to work around the bad points to get what you want from the tool. Heck I have wrenches where the handles are kind of thin and they hurt your hand when really yank on them. Using a rag on it corrects the problem.

New_sawyer, its clear your machine has some issues but it also has good points as in one post you mentioned that it was rather ruggedly built. I think this is a pretty good positive. Look at the negatives as a challenge to overcome it builds a more positive approach to things. Being upbeat here on the forum will win you friends and a great deal of help.
Keep smiling!

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!