iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how do you save a topic?

Started by xlogger, February 09, 2015, 06:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

If you find a topic that might be helpful  in the future for you is there a way to save it here on the forum to find it fast later?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

Right beside the Reply is Add Bookmark. Click onto that and it will be added to your Bookmarks. To go to Bookmarks,click onto Profile,it's on the Home,Help,Search bar,a drop down menu will appear and My Bookmarks will listed. Click onto that and that will take you to your Bookmarks. You can delete what you added if you choose too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Ya know I've never paid much attention to that little tool bar there,  is it possible to make prints of  photos posted in a thread as well?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I have no idea,but there is a Print button on the same line as the Add Bookmark. There is also a Send This Topic also. Should be able to send it to yourself and than edit out what you don't want.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Prints of anything that shows up on your screen can be made.

I use "Print Screen" to copy, then paste in "Paint", select the area desired, and can save it as a .jpg or print it directly (or email it).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

Agree with top method being saving a bookmark in your web browser as said above. 

Another way I like to group things I"m working on or planning to work on,  is using my email editor.   I'm just using the email editor as a simple word processor.  I could use another like Word, etc, , but I like the email because its always close by, and I can look at my draft messages for the title of different topics.  For example,  I open a new mail message, address it to myself, in the subject line put a general description of the topic (like " Kohler CH-750 Parts") for example, then when I find a web page for example maybe with the right oil filter listed, I copy that link and paste it into the draft email. Along with the numbers for the air filters and other parts,  links to places that carry them online.   I can also type in that draft email whatever I want. Like a notepad but one which is saved pretty much in my face daily, not buried somewhere else in my computer.   When I close that draft it asks me if I want to save it and I say yes.

I have about 40 draft messages with titles like "WM outriggers" , "website changes" , "F-350 coolant flush" etc. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

That is a terrific (pun intended) idea.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!