iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My First Carving

Started by Lorenzo, August 21, 2015, 10:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Any one doing any carving on here?  This is my first attempt at a Bear and I want to preserve it with something.

Any suggestions?  I was told to use old motor oil. I want to darken it and am thinking of just some stain.

beenthere

Looking good, especially for the first time.

What wood are you carving?

And looks like the stump where the dead tree stood.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

8) 8) smiley_thumbsup wish i had the patience/talent to do something like that :-\
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Warped

Looks good, I'm guessing there's a flag pole in front of that bear or at least there better be!
And just how good is that pointed bar? I've never had the opportunity to play with one, not that I could ever do anything worthy with it..............
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Lorenzo

No flag pole sorry, 

I originally wanted to give him a straw broom but someone said he had a shovel not a broom.
I used some deck stain I had laying around and I still want to work on the detail of his eyes a bit more

Warped

Awww, I thought he was a patriotic bear saying the pledge :D
How about a shot from head on?

Lorenzo

I scared him up today with the saw and then burned him with a torch.
Getting close to calling it done.
--

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warped

Was wondering if you were gonna give him some texture, looks even better!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Haggis

Warped

I like bears but perhaps you could do one of these next :D

WV Mountaineer

That is awesome.  Darken or,perhaps gloss those eyes and nose and it would be perfect.  It looks really good.  Great job!  God Bless
Trying to live for the Lord, spend all the time I got with family, friends, hunting, fishing, and just enjoying my blessings.

Thank You Sponsors!