iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bandsaw Sharpener

Started by trumpets3u, April 24, 2022, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trumpets3u

Is the Woodmizer BMS25 Bandsaw sharpener that much better than the Woodland mill https://woodlandmills.com/product/woodland-mills-bandsaw-blade-sharpener/ to be $200.00 more? I have been looking at both what are your thinking?
                  Thanks Brian

willowbender

barbender

If you have the time, by all means! I would've liked to build one, but it never came together. Plus there weren't YouTube videos back then😁
Too many irons in the fire

willowbender

That's a very well thought out video of the utmost.
If a man builds that and sets it up he will sure know what is happening to his blade😎

dogbo2013

I have never used the Wood Mizer, I do have the Woodland Mills Sharpener. They look very similar to me. The biggest difference that I can see is the speed at which it sharpens a blade. The Woodland Mills does a fine job but is quite slow. 
GMB

trumpets3u

Thanks for the feed back I heard back from Wood Mizer and there is a 5 month lead time after time of order.
                Thanks Brian

backwoodsdave

I've owned the Woodland sharpener for around a year now, it does a good job and I've been satisfied with the purchase, for my situation I believe it was worth the investment, comparing it to the Woodmizer it looks like the Woodmizer may be a little heavier built, faster if the speed on the video is correct and the jog feature would be handy, all in all I'm happy with the Woodland, If I needed a sharpener and both were available, and a couple of hundred wouldn't break the bank I'd buy the Woodmizer, a few months goes by faster than you think btw.

fluidpowerpro

I've got one from Woodland Mills and   Im satisfied with it although I have only sharpened about a dozen blades so far. I also bought the setter with it as they give you a few bucks off if you buy them together. I was also considering the one from Woodmizer but it's unclear how to adjust the angle. I sent them multiple emails asking but never got a reply which didn't sit well with me. Woodland Mills has an instructional video on their site which explains the operation in great detail. The Woodmizer video does not tell you much. I think they just figure they don't have to answer questions or tell you much because of their name.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

timberjackrob

Ive had the woodland mills for over a year now have sharpened around 30 blades does a good job for me cant beat it for the money.I do agree that the woodmizer does appear to be much faster.I have a cooks setter.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

welderskelter

I just built one. Works good to me. Didnt take that long. Built out of a chainsaw sharpener ,wheels off a pair of roller blades, cam is just good plywood and a few pieces of angle iron. Bolted it all down to a piece of plywood and used a motor and gears from a wheel chair. Sounds and works like any of them expensive ones. If you are sharp enough to run a mill and energetic go for it.

Thank You Sponsors!