iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PR75 bearing preload TJ 230D

Started by enen, September 13, 2023, 11:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enen

HI
Im just getting my wheel assembly back together. My manual doesnt cover my axle type. Can someone help with the axle nut torque settings?

This is the info from my manual 

DanielW

Just checked a Rockwell service manual I have. It's different than yours, but also skips right from the 60 to the 100. Given that the range for the 60 is 3-5 ft lbs, and the 100 is 4-8 ft lbs, I don't think you can go too wrong doing it to 5 or 6 ft lbs. Pre-loading like that isn't magic - If it were me I'd probably torque it a little over much at first, back off, then re-torque by feel until it feels like it's dragging just a hair. See the link below, where someone asked the same question on here. Also read this, taken out of the Rockwell manual - instructions for torquing when re-using existing bearings, which doesn't spec torque at all but says to do it by feel:

"Advance the adjusting nut in small increments and check rotating torque until an increase is noted. If increase is slight, install nut lock in this position or back off nut enough to install lock nut. If increase is appreciable, back off nut until increase is slight/none, and then install nut lock."

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=73877.0

enen

Thank You Sponsors!