iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 230d brake master cylinder

Started by enen, September 21, 2023, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enen

Hi
Slowly getting it in working condition. Had to pull the hydraulic tank due to siezed drain plug...oh well
My question is master brake cylinder removal.
I'm not even sure where you fill the master cylinder?
Any advice?
thank you

tacks Y

You should see it when you open the side door between the seat and the engine door on the left side.

enen

i can look under the dash where the pedals are. almost no access 

tacks Y

Look farther forward, should see it there. Just rods under dash, I think. I do not have a 230, so I could be wrong. 

B.C.C. Lapp

Enen open the side door by the steering and control hoses. Look forward to where your hoses go down through the plates. Your master cylinder is right there.   You got to pull up the plate and maybe disconnect a hose or three to get at it.  I bought one a few months ago at a Hovis auto parts.  They go in a dozen different trucks and stuff. Gotta love timberjacks.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

B.C.C. Lapp

Tried to post you some pics to show where I'm pointing you but couldn't do it on my phone.  I'll post them from my PC later if your still hunting that cylinder.

enen

HI
thanks, found it. My skidder doesnt have panels in this area so kinda threw me off.
Brake master has a metal cover held down with bolts and a hex head filler plug?

B.C.C. Lapp

Yeah, that's it.  Easy to change out.  :D Provided your gumbys brother and have lots of time. 
Seriously, it ain't hard, its just tight as heck.  You'll be cursing the TJ engineers before your done.

enen

Yup, lol

Im supprised how poor the serivebility is on these!

B.C.C. Lapp

You think TJ's are bad, try wrenching on a JD.   :D I'd rather pound my head against the wall all day than work on some of the skidders I've run.  Makes you almost wish you had a real job. Almost. :)

Thank You Sponsors!