iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stick a Fork in me...I'm Done. Retiring 1-1. Suggestions?

Started by Lud, December 15, 2007, 07:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

Hope you didn't take my comment about cigars the wrong way.  I still remember what I thought was a wonderful smell when I went in to visit my Grandpa after we were done milking the cows each evening.  I happened to like the smell of cigars. 

I believe it was his inactivity that got him - not the cigars.

And may you enjoy many more cigars.

IL Bull

This is my last year too!!  My wife and I are retiring at the end of this week.  We are planning our first RV trip for Jan 14.
I don't plan on missing any more piggy roast. 8) ;D ;D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Lud

Wesdor:  No offense given and none taken.  After all, George Burns made it to 100 smoking cigars.

Of course he ran around with young women.........dangerous, that.   I'm fairly certain I'm not going down that road as  staying in one piece and getting served dinner regular are priorities!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

DanG

IL Bull, congrats to you and your lovely Bride!  This retirement scam is better than you ever imagined!! ;D  Ya know, there's electric and water hookups at my place.  I ain't got a sewer hookup, but it's only 5 miles to the campground.  You'll need to drive it once a week or so to keep the battery up, anyway. ::) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Slabs

Hey Lud

Did you work at Eglin Air Force Base??  I didn't bother to remember your background.  I'm about to begin my 5th year of retirement from a "human resources hostile" working environment.  Satisfying thing is that my immediate supervisor lasted less than 6 months past my departure.  Seems the crap that he didn't address that I presented to him got worse after I left.  It was a poetic justice thang.  Things are great out here where I can help neighbors who apprecaite it and can thumb my nose at those who made my life miserable while I was in a paying job.

Best wishes with your retirement and I hope you find the satisfaction that I.m enjoying.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Lud

Hey Slabs,
                           Nope, never in the Air Force tho I had an uncle who was a lifer.  It is an irony how many folks in the profession of HR don't get along with people. 

I  always talked to folks like I'd want to be talked to , treated 'em like I'd want to be treated and I never lied to 'em.  Being square all the time let's you tell folks some hard but true things.

It should'nt be anything special but too many folks said it was for me to argue.

Wouldn't you know the day after my last day worked,  I came down with a cold?  Talk about Mother Nature telling you to slow down!  Six days later and I'm coming around but I still got the Elmer's coming out of my head.  Yeech!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!