iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Makita 7901

Started by meazlejr, August 23, 2005, 11:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

oh, in the heart of harvest season, eh? boy thats a ruff one. bout that time were just warming up the combine. if i got a little window ill try and make it down.

as far as comparing my saw to a factory saw, have any watches been run against a factory 6400 or 7300? new chain, dia. and type of wood? if there were numbers their to race against id have a reason to go out and get a new chain early. "how fast does a broken-in 7300 chew thru 16" of basswood?" for example.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: redpowerd on September 15, 2005, 05:06:04 AM
oh, in the heart of harvest season, eh? boy thats a ruff one. bout that time were just warming up the combine. if i got a little window ill try and make it down.

as far as comparing my saw to a factory saw, have any watches been run against a factory 6400 or 7300? new chain, dia. and type of wood? if there were numbers their to race against id have a reason to go out and get a new chain early. "how fast does a broken-in 7300 chew thru 16" of basswood?" for example.

If I make it to Russ's GTG I will gladly bring my stock ( except for a muffler mod) Makita 7301 to time against your 7300!

You can even run my PP 7900!!!

Yeah I know we ( especially me as of late ) rag on Dan alot. But this does not come without merit!

We aren't blowing smoke either!

I was the biggest Dan Henry advocate out there.........NOT anymore!

I know of 2 other builders whos quality of work is much better!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

redpowerd

now now now......

send me a factory saw or send me an address so i can send you mine
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: redpowerd on September 15, 2005, 09:16:12 PM
now now now......

send me a factory saw or send me an address so i can send you mine

No...........just attend a GTG!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

jokers

Quote from: redpowerd on September 15, 2005, 05:06:04 AM
oh, in the heart of harvest season, eh? boy thats a ruff one. bout that time were just warming up the combine.

I understand Redpowerd, we can work something out for another time if you are interested.

I`m sorry for the way this thread took a little turn, I don`t mean to "call you out" Jon, just the way it looks and probably feels. It would be interesting to see how the saws compare, a pp7301 vs a stock 7301 but I don`t want this interest to degenerate into a peeing match or me saying your saw is no good because of who has been under it`s hood. I meant to express my awe at the way things went for me dealing with Dan vs the way things apparently worked out between yourself and Dan.

BTW, Sucker Brook seems to be down near Warsaw.  Weren`t you up near Lisbon at one time, or am I just confused again? If we have our next GTG in Kendall, it wouldn`t be that far for you, I think you would enjoy yourself.

Russ

redpowerd

no, sucker brook is running right thru my back yard, looking pretty muddy. and its still in lisbon.

i understand the sitceation a bit better now. i wasnt taking anything wrong or upset about the turn on the thread, just listening and interpreting information as allways. absolutley no harm done.

the first thing i did after running that saw all day was get on here and praise dan.  do you know how pithed ill be to open it up and..................or to find all he did was install a reman'd muffler with a bit of carbon on it. who knows??? or mabie he built the saw faster and better than any saw hes ever built. i havent got a stock saw to compare it to. or mabie im running an overpriced stock saw and just dont know it yet.

tha'd be the cats pa-toot right there!

theres more i need to say on this but gotta go work land, so ill be back.....
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

jokers

Hi redpowerd,

Chances are that if you are happy with the saw the way it works now, you shouldn`t go looking for trouble by inspecting what Dan has done.

As I recall, you`ve got some experience with an 044, a comparable size saw with a good reputation for performance. If your 7300 compares favorably to the 044, then you know it. We can`t say anything about your saw`s performance without ever seeing it and I had no intention of making you disappointed with what you have. I`m sorry that I even raised the possibility that you didn`t get what you paid for. Now on the other hand, you might be impressed if you test drive a few other builders saws, but again, that doesn`t mean that what you`ve got is no good.

Take care, Russ

Thank You Sponsors!