iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking to buy a set of used panel routers

Started by matt eddy, April 08, 2008, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt eddy

hello, i am currently working on a house project,  due to the shortage of frames to cut in my area i am going to install the panels myself in order to keep busy!  i need  two panel routers, one with paddle bit that cuts the foam out for 2xs insearts.  i also need a router/bit that makes the spline route and groove for the foam.   if anyone has the tools for sale or no where i can get them please let me no via email at eddymatt84@yahoo.com or call me at 207-350-0267.  thanks for your help, matt   

EastMark

Good for you for being flexible and taking on something you dont normally do Matt.
It's a sign of the times up here in Maine and elsewhere probably too.
Mark

Thehardway

Depending on the type of foam you are cutting EPS vs urethane, many times they use a scoop rather than a router.  I think a scoop is much more efficient especially for removing large amounts like for the 2X4 splines.  It also make much less mess as it all comes out in one solid piece.  Have you looked for a scoop? 
Norwood LM2000 24HP w/28' bed, Hudson Oscar 18" 32' bed, Woodmaster 718 planer,  Kubota L185D, Stihl 029, Husqvarna 550XP

matt eddy

can't use a scoop for these panels, i also perfer being able to scoop, but im getting panels local from KTF,  thanks for info!
matt

maineframer

Matt,

I am going to have some  more paddles made at the machine shop. I can get some for you  if you want. You will just need the grinder.

David
David

matt eddy

Thank You Sponsors!