iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Buying a laptop, maybe.

Started by Dave Shepard, October 23, 2007, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Well, I didmantled it into as many small pieces as I could, reassembled it and now it fires up. However it doesn't boot up, I only get a cursor at the top of the screen. ::) Don't know what that's all about. Must be a Win thing. It's running 98SE

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Actually I smacked it a good one and it's running alright now. You just need to show these delicate electronics a little sawmill style tough love once in a while. :o Now I need to trouble shoot the external modem so I can use dialup here at home. I think I have it figured out. It was dialing 8 before the phone number so that it could get an outside line at the office building where it came from. I've changed it, but need to move the phone line from this puter to the other one. Then, when I get that figured out, I need to figure out what I need to use the free high speed wireless in town. All the coffee shops and McDonalds have it now. :D Thanks for the advice, I am sure I'll be back for more. Just looking forward to watching some of those Youtubes everyone is posting.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Put the windows CD in and hit the power. Hold the C button down to boot from CD. Does that work? Maybe the hard drive is in bad shape. Even if there is a bad cable to the drive it can lock up the computer.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sgtmaconga

while going thru my office i found my old gateway solo 1100 laptop if anyone needs one. if you can pay shipping i can send it cost free. i don't need it and one of the members should find it useful. all the software is included.
Measure twice cut once