iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your favorite 2009 photo: tree, trees or forest

Started by mdvaden, December 23, 2009, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

You go and try getting that fishing hole on GPS point and the next thing Dang will take you on is a snipe hunt. ;D
That sounds like a Dang good time that would be hard to miss out on.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

isawlogs

Dang , ya might need to look up and get a floating trailer to pull behind the pontoon  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Well, I got the little boat too, as well as a canoe and a jonboat.  James G has a boat too, and I forgot to put him on the list.  BTW, Stephen, that list was just the local yokels that are likely to drop by here most anytime.  Visitors from afar tend to draw them like flies, especially if there is food involved.  If we got a big crowd with fishin' on their minds, we'd have to go up to Bass Island Campground in the edge of Georgia.

Uhh, what was this thread about?  Oh yeah.  TREES

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ARKANSAWYER

If'n you ever get into a southern swamp you will want GPS too.  Besides I may want to get back to that honey hole with out DanG some day.

ARKANSAWYER

Sprucegum

This is not my most-favorite tree but it is the one I see most often. And it tells me the weather  :)

DanG

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on December 28, 2009, 02:59:19 PM

If'n you ever get into a southern swamp you will want GPS too.  Besides I may want to get back to that honey hole with out DanG some day.

You don't need the GPS Arky.  Just go to Orange and turn right.  You do like Orange, don't you? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Qweaver

Here is the old home place covered with snow.  I'll probably knock it down next summer.  That will bring a tear to the eyes.

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

bd354

Quote from: DanG on December 24, 2009, 12:33:49 PM
My favorite fishin' hole, and NO I ain't tellin' ya where it is. ;D

But I'll take ya there if ya want. ;)

I know a place that looks just like yours DanG. A relative of mine owns a campground and boat landing there. Oh, and add one more riff raff to the mix.

DanG

That must not be the same place, BD, since there ain't no campground on this crick.  I did forget to add you to the riff-raff list, but then you ain't been real regular around here either. :D :D  I got a little bait that might put you in my neighborhood though. ;D  I stopped by Mr. Hootie's place today and had a good chat with his SIL.  The place is still open, and will be for a while.  Most of the former "price structure" went to the grave with Mr. Hootie, and Miz Bonnie is ready to move some merchandise. 

I can also meet you in Bristol and take you to that fishin' hole, soon as the weather warms up and I get my boat fixed. ;D

bd354

You probably know the place I'm talkin about. Ever heard of Scotts Ferry? There's a General Store, camping area with trailer hookups and cabins. It's on the north end of the Dead Lakes. Where Chipola River feeds into the lakes.

That's good news about Mr. Hooties place. Hafta make a run up there. I'll hollar when I come up.
Better go now, nuff hijackin

DanG

Oh yeah, I know right where Scott's Ferry is...purty spot!  Last I heard, Dead Lakes was just about dried up.  Did it come back ok?

bd354

Several years ago the dam was taken out so the water levels aren't what they used to be. Still a lot of good fishing when we're getting enough water. (like now) Fishing is good up river and down in the lakes.

DWM II

This is by far one of my favorites of all time, its a hackberry that I carved this into when my wife and I got married. Just a around to taking a photo of it.
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!