iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recommendations on where to buy blades?

Started by MSSawmill, April 08, 2013, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Direct link to the dictionary. It has its own domain name, but it is ours.

http://woodopedia.com/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ladylake

You would want too move the guide rollers ahead using adjustment or some washers. I like my back support 3/16 to 1/4 behind the band and 1/4" down pressure which gives excellent blade life and straight lumber. Both recomended by Cooks and I've found works the best.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

You need to relocate the guide wheel on the left so that it is on top of the band.  It's never gonna cut straight until you can get down-pressure from both guides.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

thecfarm

I went to Jeff's link and I wonder if some else is having the same problems. I have Vista on this thing,a desktop When I go the menu bar and look at the FF dictionary I am missing about the last 6 words on each letter. There is no scroll on the right side.  When I go to "c" it does not go below canthook,I cannot see Canter,Cap,capillary and 3 more. But when I go onto Jeff's link there is a scroll and I can see these words.   Just me???  I don't have alot of bars open on the top and bottom. I closed down one on top and made no difference at all. This is the way all the letters are. I missing the last 6 definition of each letter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 12, 2013, 07:04:54 AM
You need to relocate the guide wheel on the left so that it is on top of the band.  It's never gonna cut straight until you can get down-pressure from both guides.

I didn't even notice that, good eye.  That mill will be citting straight soon.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chuck White

Quote from: ladylake on April 12, 2013, 08:19:58 AM
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on April 12, 2013, 07:04:54 AM

I didn't even notice that, good eye.  That mill will be citting straight soon.   Steve

Funny how, even after we have a lot of saw time, we just don't see the obvious!   :-[  ::)

If that is a 1-inch blade on the mill in the pic, it does look like the 1ΒΌ-inch blades will be perfect!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Ray, I had noticed the dictionary thing a while back and made mention of the fact that no scroll bar was there.  I forget the answer that I got.

It is nice to see it back on the mobile version.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: thecfarm on April 12, 2013, 08:17:39 AM
I went to Jeff's link and I wonder if some else is having the same problems. I have Vista on this thing,a desktop When I go the menu bar and look at the FF dictionary I am missing about the last 6 words on each letter. There is no scroll on the right side.  When I go to "c" it does not go below canthook,I cannot see Canter,Cap,capillary and 3 more. But when I go onto Jeff's link there is a scroll and I can see these words.   Just me???  I don't have alot of bars open on the top and bottom. I closed down one on top and made no difference at all. This is the way all the letters are. I missing the last 6 definition of each letter.

There is no reason I can think of why you shouldn't be able to see it correctly unless your browser is misbehaving. Try a different browser maybe?.  There is very little content on most pages, and thus, most of the time no reason for having any scroll bars so they just don't show up. That is how browsers work. If no scroll bars, you have all the content in one view. There are only so many returns per page. Are you guys sure you simply are not going to the next page of definitions?  Example: <<    Browsing page 1 of 3    >>   the arrows on each side lead up or down to the next page.

The pages of the dictionary are the most basic form of a website you can get. No hanky panky, no bells and whistles. Just a straight out data return.

MSSawmill

Really anxious to get to work on the mill now! We'll have to cut some more holes to move the rollers and either add some adjustment or at least some washers to it. No problems there. Should we upgrade to a different guide setup? One with a bearing in the horizontal plane behind the blade, (if the bearing under the blade is in the vertical plane)?

And that pic is of a 1" blade, so i'm glad to hear that the 1.25 looks like the right choice.
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

thecfarm

Must be my browser. The link that you posted has a scroll bar but none on the FF one. Everything looks EXACTLY the same except for the scroll bar. I understand about the scroll bar,if none there,I have it all.  ;D But with the FF one I don't. I'm missing about 6 definitions on each page. When I use the link one,I can see what I am missing. I use the <> to move from page to page,but I am still missing 6 definitions on each page. I've always wondered about that,but with the link I can prove my browser is misbehaving on me with the FF dictionary,but with the link it works fine.
FF Dictionary                LINK
page 1                         
B.D.T                          B.D.T
Barker                         Bastard saw

page 2
Bearing strength          Bearing strength
Biomass harvesting      Blowdown

Page 3
Blower drive                 Blower drive
Brag load                     British thermal unit

I can not see Browsing Page or suggest term on the bottom of the page on the FF,but I can see it on the Link. you can tell I can not view the last 6.Just want you to see what I see. All set now. It's my browser.    smiley_smash
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

You just told me something completely different that you didn't tell me before. You said the link I posted didn't have a scroll bar, not that the forum link didn't. Big difference.  The forum link opens up in a pop up window, the link I posted opens in a normal window.  This may be something I can fix.

EDIT

The forum dictionary link underneath extras has been tweaked and now should have scroll bars appear when needed.

Finn1903

Going back to the original post, MS Sawmill said the first cut was great, second cut the blade dove.  First I would check the blade, alignment and down pressure on guide wheels.  Does the blade still dive on a different log with another blade?
I had a similiar issue a few weeks ago.  I milled all day, last log of the day I had a huge dive at the end of the log.  I just aligned my mill the day before, double checked that, no problem.  Checked the blade tension, ok.  Then went for a second cut to see if the dive would go away and half way down I heard zing, and then saw the nail I cut through on the previous pass.  I missed the zing on the first pass because I had my work tunes on.  New blade, no diving. 
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

thecfarm

Now if MSSawmill problem can be fixed as quick as what Jeff did,he'll be all set too.   ;D   Thank you Jeff

MSSawmill

Here are some more pics of the guides on the drive wheel side of the mill, just for reference. We definitely have some tweaking to do. Hopefully we'll get blades in today and can play with the mill all day tomorrow.

Home-built bandsaw mill

levans

MSSawmill,
You may want to contact Dan Sawyer, He sent Me three free Woodmaster C blades, I have just started using them but so far I am truly impressed with the way they cut.
Since yours is a home built mill the size could be an issue.  I wish You well with your new to you mill.
levans

MSSawmill

Thanks, levans! He's already got some on the way. I had already ordered a couple Woodmaster C blades before he found me.
Home-built bandsaw mill

roghair

Make sure you have enough blade tension. When I started with my homemade mill I was afraid to tension it to much, but that caused the blade to dive.
built a sawmill

Hud-Son Forest Equipment

I knew I would like this thread! Good old Georgia. UGA grad here at Hud-Son Forest!!!! Go Dawgs!!!
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!