iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To much mud!

Started by lyle niemi, April 19, 2013, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Dang near impossible to get anything done lately! I need to get adopted to some one who lives in a dry climate for a month or two.. will work for food!..lol

jmouton

it looks like you need a couple thousand tons of 3 inch  stone to solve that problem ,   i understand  you frustration  we  here in michigan keep getting rain  ,so its pretty  wet  and muddy too  .
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Holmes

It appears you mud crop has come in nicely...  ;D 8) wow that is a lot of MUD
Think like a farmer.

Chuck White

Might be a good time to think about installing some drainage tile too.

Man, that's a lot of mud!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

millwright

We just got another 18" of snow last night, that will turn into mud if the sun ever shines here again.

dgdrls

Looks like a few development projects I surveyed on.

your gonna need some dry wind or sun or both to work the water out of that ground!

It will be too hot shortly Hang in there Lyle.

DGDrls

thecfarm

You have got some mud and water problems. And it will only get worse as the bark and wood gets mixed in. Maybe just do a small area and try to get ready next year for the mud.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

That looks treacherous.  :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

cutterboy

MAN! That is a sea of mud! Looks like a scene from a horror movie.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Meadows Miller

Gday

You know I would adopt you your a goer Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)  :D Problem is we are just coming into winter but i have a nice dry mill shed and a yard on sheet rock an a couple of dryland blocks on hungry ground to log so we should be fine  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

m wood

Lyle, I feel your pain brother!!  just abandoned my original mill setup, and moved everything.  After I got the track back on the caterpillar (3 days effort in the flippin mud hole) me and the wife took 2 hours to drag everything back to the high and dry site.  I'm sick and tired of changing plans.  LIVE AND LEARN
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

bandmiller2

Lyle you can't fight it,doze out an area around the mill and roads,if you can find railroad ballast lay a lot down.Plan your work before and after mud season.I just stay off when the ground is soft. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

redbeard

Heavy equipment and wet ground is hard to control. The season  of the year sometime controls your work schedule. I feel your pain also.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

slider

Lyle we just got another inch and a half of rain here last night .I needed to saw today but there is water standing under my mill shed.The ground is saturated here.
al glenn

lyle niemi

I have the water under control now, just need some sunshine and warm weather to dry things up. Today is below freezing, snow and a nasty wind!

By next spring I should have a proper base and should have very little problems moving around. I have worked in these conditions all my working life and still hate the thought of mud season..lol :snowball:

Thank You Sponsors!