iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Changing bar sizes

Started by Mar3812, June 28, 2016, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mar3812

I recently purchased a Stihl ms 362 saw and decided to put a 25 inch bar on it. Since then I have decided that I would much rather go back to a 20 inch bar instead.  Since installing the 20 inch bar I have notice the saw has some hesitation/ stuttering at lower rpms. As the saw warms up it tends to get worse. What would be the cause of this? Is this some that needs to be addressed immediately?  I am still in the break in period for the saw so it hasn't seen much use yet.

Just some other notes.  The saw does not hesitate or stutter as bad with the 25 inch bar. All my 20 inch chains and bar are the "green" label. All the 25 inch stuff is the "yellow" label. Do not know of that makes a difference or not.

All of this was set up by the same local Stihl dealer so I was hoping nothing would be incorrect.

rburg

The bar size is not causing the problem. If the saw is still under warranty, I would take it to the dealer and have him check it out.

Texas-Jim

Is the saw the 362 cm or just a 362? Those M chips can cause some weird stuff, but id still think it has little do with bar.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

Mar3812

SawTroll

If the saw is an older one with an adjustable carb you could of course try readjusting the carb.

It sounds like the L screw may need to be turned slightly out (if there is one).
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!