iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

wish it would get down to about 20 and stay there for a few days its muddy here need to get this job done then it can worm up to 60 and stay there 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

74 and sunny. ;D

Big freeze coming... :( :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

My two off bearers worked without shirts yesterday.   smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chain

We're supposed to get two shots of "significant icing" beginning Thursday night through Friday, then again Saturday night-Sunday, in the Mid-South. Surely this storm could not equal our 'hundred year' ice storm of a few years ago, could it?

Wind is the factor, most utility poles that were replaced were sized-up from last storm. We'll see.

mesquite buckeye

Might be snow instead. We are supposed to be in the mid 20's in S AZ.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Chain,that does not sound good. Good luck to ya.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hardtailjohn

We're supposed to have a HIGH of 1 on Friday and Saturday.... sure wish it'd snow first! No snow makes the frost go deeper, and makes a bigger mess in the spring.
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

chevytaHOE5674

The bitter cold is supposed to come over the weekend and next week to da UP but good news is we will have plenty of snow to keep the frost from going too deep. haha

8" of snow on the ground now and its coming down hard and they are calling for a few feet before this storm and the subsequent lake effect snow wind down sometime next week. 

thecfarm

Looks like next Wed the cold will get to us. Might be just a little below 10°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

High of 80 forecast for tomorrow and Friday.  There is something just not right about that. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 04, 2013, 08:36:01 PM
High of 80 forecast for tomorrow and Friday.  There is something just not right about that.

You got that right Pop.......we both know when this happens around here......somethings up!  running-doggy
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Watch the Dark Skies.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ga jones

55 and sunny. Landing melted out. To muddy to do anything. It should be a high of 40.hope that cold air in the lake states gets here soon.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

mesquite buckeye

That 80 won't last. Cold is a comin..... :snowball:

Magicman

So far we have highs in the 40's forecast for our Texas sawing trip.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Supposed to drop below 20° out west here at sea level. Brrrr rare for us.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

We are at 68° this morning which is hot. 

goose63

21 below wind chill at 6:30 am and I have to go out blow snow so the wife can get home she has been in town for 3 days because of storm sure wish my tractor had a cab on it :( :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

mesquite buckeye

Rain with a chance of snow :o :o :o

I must not be in Tucson. ;D 8) 8) 8)

??? ::) ???

ancjr

52, damp, cloudy and calm.  Supposed to drop to 40 by noon and then our first measureable snow of the season is to begin falling.

beenthere

goose
Quotebecause of storm sure wish my tractor had a cab on it

Get ahold of a snowmobile helmet, and it is not as good as a cab, but better than nothing.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Might as well grab the snow mobile suit off the rack to. ;D :D

Bare green ground here. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We got that few inchs of snow and some of it is still hanging on. Started a light rain here. 33° right now. Not suppose to be an ice storm. I hope not.

SwampDonkey

Freezing rain up this way. But not much of it yet, just a sprinkle.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Had about 1/2" of sleet earlier today. Now turning to snow. Looks like we dodged the bullet on the freezing rain.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!