iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

negative 28°C here this morning, putting wood in the furnace and warming up with the glow of coals from it is nice. Almost like having the sun beat down on you in the summer. Well almost  being the key word here :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Crow99

-30 at my place this morning. Limestone Me was -36 and a bit farther up, Van Buren ME was -47F.  I bet they're doing some serious "blattin' " up there...

JohnM

Quote from: Crow99 on January 02, 2014, 10:28:16 AM
-30 at my place this morning. Limestone Me was -36 and a bit farther up, Van Buren ME was -47F.  I bet they're doing some serious "blattin' " up there...
Holy mackerel, Crow, that's just silly cold!  12:30 in the afternoon down my way and we're at all of -4.  It's like winter or something?! :o
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Mooseherder

Quote from: Crow99 on January 02, 2014, 10:28:16 AM

Van Buren is my hometown and mama still lives there.
I miss that place and think fondly of it but not on days like today.
It is 87 degrees here.  Record highs since 1931.

Peter Drouin

Well it's +8 and I'm in  for lunch , the blades don't like frozen w pine, I have sparks on the outgoing side of the cant.  :D :D :D another 60 1x12x12'. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Crow99

Ya, I tried southern living for a few years many years ago, but there's just too many things there that want to eat you, kill you, or give you a rash..  Cold or not, this is my "happy place."

mesquite buckeye

I have no idea what you are talking about.

;D :snowfight1:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

And that's just his pets!

Crow99

Well, you do have to watch out for these.... 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Crow99 on January 02, 2014, 12:55:23 PM
Ya, I tried southern living for a few years many years ago, but there's just too many things there that want to eat you, kill you, or give you a rash..  Cold or not, this is my "happy place."

Usually your neighbor.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Crow99

I get what you're saying,  but we've always had good neighbors... Lucky that way I guess.

Ken

-34c this morning around 8 at the jobsite.  Coldest in several years. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

SwampDonkey

I know along that Nashwaak river it can get mighty cold. I knew fellow in Penniac and it was a lot colder there than in town (Fredericton) a good many mornings.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red oaks lumber

this crap is getting very old :(had to fuel the skidsteere this morning broke the 1" fuel hose completly off, blew a hydralic filter off the tractor.  just a few problems severe cold brings.
not to mention i'm feeding twice the amount of feed, something im already short on.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

mesquite buckeye

You guys sure like to complain. :)

We have it rough here too. I was driving my truck around town today and it got so uncomfortable inside that I was forced to roll down the window. :o :o :o :o :o :o

The weatherman got it wrong. It was 75 and sunny and the wind forgot to show up. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Sorry, I've got to go work on my tan now. surfer-smiley
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Crow99

It's called "blat'n."  See back a couple of pages. Comes with the territory.  We all do it. Get used to it.  ;D ;D

red oaks lumber

mes buckeye
why do you think its funny when so many people are suffering? i politely asked you before not to rub our face in it, what part of disrespect dont you understand?? :( sorry but, this weather situation is not one bit funny.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

isawlogs

Man, lighten up some, aint no disrespect in anything here, its all fun. We can come down on him come summer and it gets to be 110° over his head with no wind... See then who laughs last .....   :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

High here of 7 above today. I have -8 now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

+4 here with snow around 10"
Quote from: isawlogs on January 02, 2014, 09:03:07 PM

Man, lighten up some, aint no disrespect in anything here, its all fun. We can come down on him come summer and it gets to be 110° over his head with no wind... See then who laughs last .....   :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

smiley_thumbsup

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

mesquite buckeye

There's that. Or 130 inside the greenhouse.

Don't worry, spring will come soon enough. ;D

tyb525

Forecast says -11 on Monday, or -16, depending on which one you read. Right now it is 9, headed for 0.

I don't think I've seen anything below -10 in my 21 years.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tyb525 on January 02, 2014, 10:12:56 PM
Forecast says -11 on Monday, or -16, depending on which one you read. Right now it is 9, headed for 0.

Al Gore calls it Global Warming.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

We have -12°F here at this time!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ancjr

Quote from: tyb525 on January 02, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

New Whiteland hit -36F, Jan 19, 1994.  It was -20 here.

Thank You Sponsors!