Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

60 and sunny.  :-\

The predicted 80's have gone poof. :(

Oh well, it will be hot soon enough. :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Texas Ranger

Proverbial flat rock and a cow.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We are getting our share of TR's "flat rock".  Gonna sent it to da goat tomorrow. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Ahhh, the proverbial flat rock and goat (new saying)  :D
We've been having really nice weather here for a change, switched from negative #s to upper 30's through almost 50* during the day  ;D, can finally do things without gloves on all the time!  I somehow doubt winter is over however, but at least we're getting rid of some of the ice.

thecfarm

A nice sunny day and just about 30°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The rain is coming tomorrow. Temps staying in the 30's.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

redbeard

Mid 50s light rain. This weather this time of year is great. It would put a smile on a goat.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

so il logger

All the goats round my area are smiling but i hear the east cost is going to get another winter storm.   :-\

Magicman

Da goat is gonna get wet today, but at least there will be no wildfires to put out.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on January 23, 2015, 07:39:50 AM
Da goat is gonna get wet today

smiley_smelly_skunk
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

elk42

Lake Georgia Pacific wed. about 4:pm.

Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

mesquite buckeye

65 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 23, 2015, 07:39:50 AM
Da goat is gonna get wet today, but at least there will be no wildfires to put out.

You are right Magic.....no wildfires......today.  ;D

But while I've got cha here......ever smelled a WET GOAT..............................LATELY?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Quoteever smelled a WET GOAT

Enough....I surrender..... smiley_airfreshener

thecfarm

Don't be picking on the goats. You can pick on that one in SC,but leave the Maine ones alone.  ;D  Don't be grouping them all together. Nothing a matter with a male goat that had the rubber band treatment. It's the ones that has not had the treatment where the smell come from.  :o   
Just about 20 when I got up this morning. I did not see much sun all day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sunny and in the 20's today. White frost this morning.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

I'm supposed to be trimming the hedge today.  :-\

Well I got 3/4 done. Temp is now pushing 80F, but at least the humidity is down to ~70%. Think we will go and pick up the trimmings after dinner, when it's slightly cooler, and finish up in the morning. All the help has bailed on me and gone to the swimming pool  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Can't blame them. Seems outdoor chore work has gotta be done in the awful heat or the freezing cold. ;D

sawguy21

Very mild and WET here. 10-11C during the day and same at night. We are getting a 'pineapple express'  from Hawaii with far more rain than we need or want. Even the interior is hovering around freezing, no logging going on at the moment. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

This area missed the snow. The coast got it and a little inland. I knew there was snow somewheres. I saw about 10 cars on the way home with snow on them. Just a little more than a ½ hour from me,got a few inches.
I only have about 2 inches of snow here now.

r.man

Talk slow because I am Canadian....flat rock and cow?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

thecfarm

@r.man,when a cow urinates there is a lot of it,it's fast and it splatters,and it's over quick.  ;D

r.man

Thanks for the info Cfarm, I grew up around cows but I have never heard that saying.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

snowstorm

this storm was a dud. weather guy said 10" got 4. the sun is out but they have heavy snow squall warning up. tuesday sounds like a real noreaster. 10to 14" winds to 40mph

Thank You Sponsors!